How would you wear this dress?

Watch
ILikeStrawberries
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I got given a dress very similar to this and I'm not sure about it...how would you wear it to make the fabric not seem quite so weird?

The fabric is the same as the first link but the style is more like the second one..it's a really flattering dress stylewise...just not sure about the fabric!

dress fabric: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ess-_297605749

dress style http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ress_293790001
staticrhubarb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to have a dress like this, it was really flattering and I loved the pattern, even though I'm not big on animal prints usually, it was more subtle I suppose.

I usually just wore it with black tights and heels but you could easily wear no tights (or skin colour ones) if you're not shy about showing your legs off like I am
jamieyh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The dress looks very beautiful. You must looked very slim with this dress.
rizzyg2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd play down the animal print with accessories. You could easily get away with a necklace- I'd say you want something long and colourful. Silver probably, because it's a bit classier than gold. Match your eye make up to it, and get a big pair of black high heels. Don't wear tights, it'll draw attention to the print.

Hope that's a little helpful
yellowranger15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ILikeStrawberries)
I got given a dress very similar to this and I'm not sure about it...how would you wear it to make the fabric not seem quite so weird?

The fabric is the same as the first link but the style is more like the second one..it's a really flattering dress stylewise...just not sure about the fabric!

dress fabric: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ess-_297605749

dress style http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/d...ress_293790001
Leather jacket, wedged boots/ Chelsea boots, tights and little accessories...
SpicyStrawberry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd wear it with thick black tights (or bare legs if it's a bit warmer!) and black Chelsea boots, simple accessories (e.g. a silver necklace, nothing too fancy to take attention away from the pattern of the dress) and a black blazer/biker jacket depending on if it's a formal or casual event.
LorenaHugs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Perhaps wear it with black tights if it is chilly out and a casual pair of boots (chelsea of lace-up). A statement ring would be nice too, to add a pop of colour or sparkle in a subtle way. To finish it off, a plain overcoat (formal) or a chunky dark cardigan and/or biker jacket. I think a nice statement lip would look really nice too
Zen-Ali
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As such:

Name:  670px-Put-on-a-T-Shirt-Step-4.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  173.5 KB

Name:  670px-Put-on-a-T-Shirt-Step-5.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  169.5 KB

Name:  670px-Put-on-a-T-Shirt-Step-6.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  157.8 KB

Name:  UOpoZ4T.png
Views: 826
Size:  871 Bytes
SoftPunch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well it might roll up and you may find if you take long strides your :bootyshake: may stick out to your embarrassment' but it's a pretty dress.
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because of the fabric, I'd certainly avoid lots of glitz. Small cute earings, silver charm bracelet, smokey tights with black heels :top:
Charlzi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For a casual look I would wear it with tights, boots and a chunky sweater. Leggings work fine as well if its cold or you prefer to cover up your legs. Could add some colour with a necklace or coloured boots.
scorpion95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would say wear it as it is, if you want then wear some tights or stockings which ever you prefer, heels might be alright with it
lazy millie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'd wear it with a black leather jacket and boots (biker boots/docs), for a laid back style. OR with a black blazer and ankle boots for a more evening style. heels and a cute clutch for night-time. Depends on what you already own and what the situation is but... because it's a bold print, it'd wear it with plainer things in similar colours (dark blue or black). Just try not to over complicate or confuse the outfit. simple and pretty
Name:  article-2332662-1A0BE96C000005DC-376_634x909.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  125.1 KB Name:  article-2332662-1A0BE971000005DC-561_634x985.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  145.8 KB
LinzyLoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For during the day, I'd wear thick black tights, boots and a chunky cardi, and at night/going out I'd just wear bare legs and heels. Skater dresses are so versatile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (32)
13.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
21.74%
Live streaming events (22)
9.57%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (23)
10%
A uni comparison tool (53)
23.04%
An in-person event when available (50)
21.74%