The Student Room Group

getting out of an exam

hi guys,

I have a uni exam on the 11th, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way i can get out of it/reschedule it?
i know they're really strict on this but i really cannot make it.
any ideas from previous experience or anything?

many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by jordzm2
hi guys,

I have a uni exam on the 11th, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way i can get out of it/reschedule it?
i know they're really strict on this but i really cannot make it.
any ideas from previous experience or anything?

many thanks

religious reasons if the deadline hasn't passed?
Why can't you make it?
What is the actual reason you can't do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJG21
Why can't you make it?

^ This.

For the most part though, you can't just get out of an exam unless you're in intensive care at the time.
Few reasons will get you out of a university exam - naturally, you don't have to disclose that on here - but you won't get much helpful information on here. My suggestion is to speak to/email your tutor about this as they will have the best possible advice. :smile:
You should look up the university's extenuating circumstances policy, which should be available online. If the reason you cannot make the exam matches any of the accepted reasons for extenuating circumstances, then you will be fine. If the reason you can't make the exam is not mentioned, then contacting your tutor might be worthwhile, and they may be able to help.

Universities are very strict about these things though, and if it is just something like a problem with your travel arrangements to get to university, you will usually be expected to find some way of getting there.
You can't 'get out of' an exam unless you physically can't take it - ie. you are seriously ill.

'Having something better to do that day' doesn't qualify.
Reply 8
would a doctors note and medical form saying I'm too ill to take an exam be appropriate ?
Original post by jordzm2
would a doctors note and medical form saying I'm too ill to take an exam be appropriate ?

Not if it was a total lie, no. And since you are asking in advance of some made-up 'illness' it clearly is. Doctors arent that gullible. Neither are University tutors - especially since you quite clearly think you are going to fail this exam, and then on the day of the exam you go 'sick'....? You don't think they might think this is a teensy-weensy bit suspicious?

I hate to break it to but you aren't 'speshul' - you'll just have to take the exam.
(edited 10 years ago)
Which Uni are you at?
Original post by jordzm2

Yes, but doctors won't give these out unless you actually are too ill to take the exam...

If you have an ongoing medical condition (e.g. anxiety) which causes you problems taking exams, you should speak to your personal tutor about this. The university can offer you "reasonable adjustments" such as taking an exam in another room if this would be helpful to you.

It is possible that if you miss an exam due to illness you will be asked to sit it during the resit period before you can progress to the next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending