The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Not from the UK nor an IB graduate. Any chances?

Hello everyone! :smile:

It's said that the best London unis, especially UCL, only consider those who are local or IB graduates. Is that true? Do I have a slightest chance of getting in? Maybe there are people like me who applied and succeded? Btw, I'm a high school student (haven't gone to any other unis etc). Thanks in advance!

P.S. If it helps - I'm from Lithuania, will apply for school year 2015.
Not at all true, check out their website or UCAS site for details on what the require from Lithuanians...or just call the Admissions office :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
All it says about undergraduates:

"If you know which undergraduate programme you wish to study at UCL please choose the programme from the undergraduate prospectus and select your country from the list in the International Qualifications section. (that section says the same like the information bellow)

For general entry to undergraduate programmes at UCL we require a minimum of:Successful completion of one year of a Bachelor Degree at a Lithuanian university recognised by UCL, with an average of 8/10, will also be considered.
Students who have not taken qualifications which are acceptable for direct entry to UCL will be considered if they have successfully completed a recognised international undergraduate foundation programme, including the UCL University Preparatory Certificates."

Does it mean that I have to go to university for one year in my country or complete some sort of programme first (I can't apply straight after school)?..

Quick Reply

Latest