Greek mythology tattoo

Watch
Rhys_Mayes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Didn't really know where to post this but has anybody got any greek mythology tattoos and I'm looking for ideas! I want a custom sleeve that depicts the battle of the titans but don't know how to go about it! Ha I already have one but want something that means something to me as I grew up in Greece and love ancient greek history

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Dragonborn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get your name tattooed in Greek characters? Or that of your favourite mythological character?
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know but perhaps get your date of birth tattooed in Greek numbers
TimmyTurner93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wanted to get something spartan based on my ribs seeing as how closely their historical description matches my personality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhys_Mayes
Rep:
?
Yeah I've done some research! I want Zeus at the top of my arm, and then the battle against cronos running all the way Down my arm to my wrist!

I know what I want and I am waiting for my tattoo artist to draw some stuff up for me! I know greek mythology tattoos are different and there isn't many pictures to look at...

Posted from TSR Mobile
TimmyTurner93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rhys_Mayes)
Yeah I've done some research! I want Zeus at the top of my arm, and then the battle against cronos running all the way Down my arm to my wrist!

I know what I want and I am waiting for my tattoo artist to draw some stuff up for me! I know greek mythology tattoos are different and there isn't many pictures to look at...

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you planning to get it done. Im hoping to get mine mid next month

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhys_Mayes
Rep:
?
When i pass out of RAF basic training as I can't have anymore until then as they have just cleared the one I have in my medical! And what you getting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TimmyTurner93
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Finishing off my Egyptian half sleeve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhys_Mayes
Rep:
?
Oh I like that! Another different tattoo, not none of the generic rubbish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Andrew_12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was searching for some Greek tattoos myself, yet came to this topic. I love the Greek mythology and already have a Greek mythology related tattoo on myself (a Zeus tattoo). But I have a couple other ideas for you. If you need more help.

1. The first thing that's in my mind related to greek mythology is the Zeus tattoo. You can also have a peacock/lion tattoo along with your Zeus tattoo. The Zeus symbols were the peacock and the lion. But the lion is better for men, yet the peacock for women. Here is a cool list of Greek Gods on Wikipedia, so if you ever want to tattoo one of them, you need to know their names first - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ogical_figures. Here are some Zeus tattoo pictures for you to choose (if you find any you like)

2. you can also have a caduceus tattoo. Do you know that the caduceus is a Greek symbol? It's meanings are: wisdom, magic, protection and even trasnformation.

3. or a Medusa tattoo. She was also related with the Greek mythology.

4. or a Poseidon tattoo.

Hope this helps a bit. (I really love that emoticon).
Rhys_Mayes
Rep:
?
I've seen some sick medusa tattoo's! Thanks for that man, I want something different! But greek mythology is such a massive subject! And I want something that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Musie Suzie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TimmyTurner93)
I wanted to get something spartan based on my ribs seeing as how closely their historical description matches my personality

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm curious as to how you are like a spartan?
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Musie Suzie)
I'm curious as to how you are like a spartan?
Maybe he treats other people like Helots, only eats in a canteen with other men, and has a young boyfriend.

On point - how about a big tattoo of Adonis having his testicles ripped off by a giant boar?
Good1m8
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Found this cool piece.

Just collect your favourite artistic examples from the battle of the Titans, then find an artist that can replicate those designs. Sounds like it will be very detailed though so be sure to find an exceptional artist at realism ( if that's your preferred style ).

Hope you have got plenty of money put by for this one, it's not going to be cheap.
Seathestars
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sure there's a Chimera tattoo you can get that would look absolutely boss. For real.
Rhys_Mayes
Rep:
?
I've got money! I estimate it costing about a grand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good1m8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would depend on a lot of factors. Who is going to do it?
Rhys_Mayes
Rep:
?
Local tattoo artist to me! He is amazing but fully booked up till about May!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good1m8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can you provide a link to his work? Cheers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads