The Student Room Group

In a very bad place, can't seem to get out of it.

I'm in a VERY bad place right now and I urgently need to stop feeling so low and horrible, anyone have any advice or ideas how I can feel better?

I feel as though I can't cope and have this horrendous anxiety thats come over me all of a sudden and its really effecting me.
Hello
I feel much the same a lot of the time and it is difficult to overcome. Is there a reason you are feeling so anxious?
Reply 2
I have suffered with SEVERE anxiety, believe me, I know exactly how you feel! However, I conquered it, and I'm going to tell you exactly how I did it!

Make a list of everything you don't like in your life (be realistic)

once you've made this list, try and eliminate all the negatives, things that make you feel bad (relationships, people, etc)

Make a list of what you enjoy about life (also be realistic) and try and do these things, or at least make an attempt to.

Surround yourself with POSITIVE people, I can't stress this enough, find somebody you can talk to, talking to someone is the most important thing, especially with anxiety. there's always somebody there who is willing to listen.

Go and see your GP!! I did this, and it helped a lot, I cried, I said everything I needed to say, and I felt better. crying always helps, get it out!

If you need anybody to talk to, inbox me, I'm open minded, and I've been through a lot, I wish Anxiety on nobody, I know exactly how it feels.
Reply 3
If it's A level related I feel your pain! I suffered horrible anxiety mainly through year 13
Reply 4
You need to sit down and think and process all the bull**** you have in your head. You need to see whether the pain you are feeling is worth that problem. Move yourself into the future and think whether the anxiety you felt was even justified.

Also, in our everyday lives stress is normal but having the fear of what will happen is not natural. It is in the world of "if" and the problem hasnt even manifested but your mind is making it a bigger deal. The only way to get out of it is to think logically and to think in the present.

If you have your hand over the fire, its obviously going to burn. So if it is a problem which you can control, you should move your hand otherwise complaining about it is the cry of a fool.
Reply 5
I've no idea, it's just suddenly come over me :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Flexa
I have suffered with SEVERE anxiety, believe me, I know exactly how you feel! However, I conquered it, and I'm going to tell you exactly how I did it!

Make a list of everything you don't like in your life (be realistic)

once you've made this list, try and eliminate all the negatives, things that make you feel bad (relationships, people, etc)

Make a list of what you enjoy about life (also be realistic) and try and do these things, or at least make an attempt to.

Surround yourself with POSITIVE people, I can't stress this enough, find somebody you can talk to, talking to someone is the most important thing, especially with anxiety. there's always somebody there who is willing to listen.

Go and see your GP!! I did this, and it helped a lot, I cried, I said everything I needed to say, and I felt better. crying always helps, get it out!

If you need anybody to talk to, inbox me, I'm open minded, and I've been through a lot, I wish Anxiety on nobody, I know exactly how it feels.

I kind of feel that if I start talking/crying I'll never stop, it's like a feeling that I can't go on and heart palpitations. Everything feels so awful.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I kind of feel that if I start talking/crying I'll never stop, it's like a feeling that I can't go on and heart palpitations. Everything feels so awful.

Talking helps, I promise you, I've been there.
Reply 8
Original post by Flexa
Talking helps, I promise you, I've been there.

I think I'll see my GP soon!
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I think I'll see my GP soon!

Soon isn't good enough, do it tomorrow, get put on triage list.

people are always going to be there for you, don't suffer in silence.
I'm in a bit of a bad place too so I can sympathise. I do know what the cause of my emptiness is though - girlfriend ended things ( for the second time) after 3 years together just when I needed her most and I've basically lost all my friends too bar one. Whatever effort I try and make in life I feel like it's all a waste of time as when it really comes down to it I have hardly anyone I can rely on or talk to.

I spent last year unemployed and was insanely jealous of those who had jobs including my own brother and I'm jealous of him now because him and his girlfriend are inseparable and I miss having that person I thought would be there for me for ever.

I'm on a Uni course with placements that keep me busy now but this Christmas break has been nothing but boring, lonely and depressing. I love my family, they're absolutely amazing but I feel like I've been lying to them with fake smiles whilst inside I just feel so empty and hurt.

I've been drinking a bit lately too - I find myself only relaxed and happy about life after a few drinks and that worries me. I think I just need to get back to my routine from next week, bury myself in work and hopefully things will get better.
i'm really sorry about the way u guys are feeling, i feel exactly the same way right now, i've got absolutely no friends and even though i want to do stuff, no one else wants to :/ but i'm happy to lend an ear if anyone wants to vent or rant at least this way we're all less alone in the crappy mood we're in :smile:
Have a good long think about the things that bring you down the most and try to fix them one at a time.

Terrible sounding advice I know but it helped me a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest