The Student Room Group

Help to answer difficult problem question

Im a first year student and as a part of my assignment for Legal Skills, there is a problem question which i struggle to find an answer for:

Miley Reel has had for over 7 years a successful recording career with Limbo Records selling many gold and platinum singles and albums. However, Miley believes that artistically she needs a change of scene and wishes to move to Newgroup Records. Limbo Records has become aware of these negotiations with Newgroup and inform Miley that if she were to make this move then she would be in breach of her contract. They show her clause 2 a) of her current contract. This clause states,

“That Miley is only to record, market and produce her music around the world, with Limbo Records for the next ten years.”

Miley wants your advice as to whether she is bound by this restraining term in the contract.

Could someone at least lead me on where to start. Help awould be much appreciated.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Help anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending