EmergencyBagels
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
if someone was to want to become a graphic designer, eg. designing film posters and stuff, what A-levels and skills would they need? would they need art, or just graphics? plus, would they have to go to an art uni and do a foundation, even if they were just interested in graphics? thanks
MissNix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fine Art and graphic design are the two main subjects you should be focussing on if you want to be a graphic designer. Though in cases an Art A-level or foundation isn't needed in terms of a qualification, you will need a strong foundation in the other sense in traditional art and design (perspective, colour theory, composition, anatomy, things like that). Some unis teach these in the graphic design course. Most assume that you already have these skills, but in the end without a grounding in art you will struggle a lot at university and post graduate level.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Remember that whatever you do, you will be competing with others who have done a foundation and a degree and will therefore have a degree of professionalism which you won't have without formal training, however talented you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise