chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So it's coming out in 2016 and I'm really excited, I liked the first movie but I wonder if the second one will be better. I know its a long way away but what do you guys think?
katinthehat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that Cameron topped himself with Avatar. I absolutely love it. I think the sequel might be a let down but I will eagerly await it none-the-less
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't like Avatar but aren't they doing 2-3 new ones? I've heard he's milking that series for all its worth.
Also it should be released in 2015, that's the year many great films are coming out. I know I'm not too interested but many people are so it would fit with the pattern.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Tom_green_day)
I didn't like Avatar but aren't they doing 2-3 new ones? I've heard he's milking that series for all its worth.
Also it should be released in 2015, that's the year many great films are coming out. I know I'm not too interested but many people are so it would fit with the pattern.
I thought it was amazing, especially how they made it and they should release it in 2015, also I'm looking forward to 22 jump street!!!
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate Avatar. I was painfully bored watching it in the cinema so...I shall most likely be skipping the sequel. :lol:
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For some reason a lot of my friends didn't like it , I ****ing loved it.

Definitely going to be watching that at IMAX in 3D :cool:
Sheepish153
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I loved the story line of the first one, so if they can get a good plot for the second one, I'll be happy
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As with Titanic, James Cameron has some sort of annoying kind of success which makes you wonder how and why a man who threw hundreds of millions of dollars at his cast and crew would end up making most of the film an animated version of The Blue Man Group. Avatar is a good movie with a great premise which re-envisions imperialism in space, but it's let down by Sam Worthington's shoddy acting and the somewhat mediocre script writing.

Any bets taken on how much will be forked out for the next two sequels?
cant_think_of_name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought the only thing that saved it from being an awful film was the effects really. And when the best thing you can say about a movie is "it had good effects", it must be a pretty shoddy movie.
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Avatar got away with it for visuals alone, the world felt so real Cameron got away with the poor storyline. I'm not sure that will be enough for a sequal, unless the writing improves people aren't going to be anywhere near as impressed.
Cryptographic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/
2. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630029/
3. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1757678/
4. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3095356/

All 4 will be filmed before december 2016 when Avatar 2 will be released. Then will go to cinema one year apart. Personally I thought that it was only good because it was the first time that the 3-D effects were used properly. Wonder what will happen when 2 bombs...
DavidSilvaMCFC
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was a very average film. Storyline was like a mix of Dances with Wolves and Pocahontas. The main Villain was pretty cool though.
HarryHawcroft
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whether you like the film or not, James Cameron is a ground breaking film maker. I can't wait to see what new technologies are utilised with Avatar 2 (48 frames) despite the weak story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
For some reason a lot of my friends didn't like it , I ****ing loved it.

Definitely going to be watching that at IMAX in 3D :cool:
This.

I saw Gravity and didn't really think it was all that. So many people say how good it was, but I was like yea good nothing special though.

On the other hand, I saw Avatar in 3D and loved it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.56%
No (109)
32.44%

Watched Threads