unknownone
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Been searching around and can't really find a fix for this.
But recently, when I load up youtube and start watching videos, the video playback is very laggy and then the sound starts breaking up and the sound cuts out and stops working. From then on, the sound doesn't work on my web browser, nor do the normal Windows sounds. But the sound works on some other programs (first thing I do when I get my PC on is log on a Ventrilo server I use with friends, the sound remains fine on there).

Two weeks ago, in an attempt to fix this, I updated my sound card drivers and it seemed to work fine; youtube would run fine and the sound would remain playing as normal. But the same bug has started again and it's really frustrating.

I find that I can get the sound back by restarting Windows Audio Endpoint Builder in services.msc, but this is just a temporary fix and it doesn't stop the laggy playback on youtube and the sound will eventually stop working again.

Any ideas?
I'm running Windows Vista Business, I can provide other specs if required.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by unknownone)
Been searching around and can't really find a fix for this.
But recently, when I load up youtube and start watching videos, the video playback is very laggy and then the sound starts breaking up and the sound cuts out and stops working. From then on, the sound doesn't work on my web browser, nor do the normal Windows sounds. But the sound works on some other programs (first thing I do when I get my PC on is log on a Ventrilo server I use with friends, the sound remains fine on there).

Two weeks ago, in an attempt to fix this, I updated my sound card drivers and it seemed to work fine; youtube would run fine and the sound would remain playing as normal. But the same bug has started again and it's really frustrating.

I find that I can get the sound back by restarting Windows Audio Endpoint Builder in services.msc, but this is just a temporary fix and it doesn't stop the laggy playback on youtube and the sound will eventually stop working again.

Any ideas?
I'm running Windows Vista Business, I can provide other specs if required.
ccleaner and use the regístry fíx?
unknownone
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iqbal007)
Didn't think of that!
Thanks, I'll have a go when I get home and let you know how it goes
unknownone
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iqbal007)
Didn't work :<
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by unknownone)
Didn't work :<
get the orígínal dríver specífícally for1 that motherboard/laptop?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.9%
No (507)
66.1%

Watched Threads