Tips for doing well on Mechanics 1 (MEI) Watch

km11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in this position where I've took Maths to A2 with a D at AS,but i'm resitting both C1 and C2 along with C3 and C4 and M1 from A2.I struggle on Mechanics particularly because it just seems a whole new and different level to the Core stuff and it's hard to understand.I get the core stuff,thats alright.
But has anoyne got any tips on how to get A's or B's in the mechanics 1 exams and how to revise and get good practise for it.I've bought the MEI revision guide and it explains stuff a bit better but not as better as 100% understanding it.

I've covered nearly the first 3 chapters in the book on motion,newtons 1st and 2nd law and the constant accelaration(suvat) stuff and i dont get the harder questions on SUVAT equations,i know the formulas and how to use them,i just dont know which one is which and where to use them or how to find one thing from another ?

Please help me,out of the 6 exams i've revised for out of the 13 im resitting,this is the only one i'm struggling really badly on!
thanks
TheSK00T3R
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do AS level physics.
M1 is basically an in depth if pedantic way of looking at the suvat and mechanics modules from AS physics, and it's easy to get confused with the weird rules they give you in M1 if you haven't done AS physics, which, to put it bluntly, cuts the crap.
If you haven't done AS physics, it may help to borrow someones revision guide and read the relevant stuff in there, as it might communicate the ideas more clearly.
Also... PRACTICE QUESTIONS. Do loads of them. Practice questions what maths is all about (almost), and when you do them over and over again it does help understanding. I'm sure you have a textbook with answers in; you can also use past papers, but you might wanna save them for exam time.
ElChapo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A-level maths isn't hard when you do every question available to you. (textbooks and pastpapers) if you do them all and don't get an A, I'll be shocked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trouty97
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which part of mechanics is it that you struggle with. Until you figure tha out, no one can help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads