The Student Room Group

Should I take my friends up on their offer?

Basically My laptop broke and well its pretty ****ty now. I was going to take advantage of apples no financing and get a mac book air on loan. Then today my dad told me he was going to give me some money to buy me a mac,well technically it would be my money as it will be coming from my savings account. I said no but now I am having second thoughts as I really need a laptop 89 a month is going to be a lot as I am yet to find a job. SO should I say yes
Reply 1
Not sure where the friends come into it?

Main thing is can you afford the repayments if you loan it or do the finance? If you can then go for it. If you can't then you may want to look for something cheaper in the meantime.
Reply 2
Just buy a windows laptop, Macs are overpriced and someone who is low on money shouldn't be getting one. A £300 windows laptop will do you fine.
If you can't afford to pay back the loan, don't take out the loan. If you can, then it's up to you whether it's worth the amount of your income that it's going to take.

Do you NEED a Mac? I love mine, but I bought it outright - the only thing I'd get a loan for (other than uni) is property. Other than that, if I can't afford it, I don't get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending