Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm revising Electric Counterpoint by Steve Reich for mocks and I need some help.

So some sources say that the tonality is E minor with modulations to C minor.

But some sources say that it is G major and Eb major!!

Help, which one is it?!

(imo it doesn't really sound minor, but I'd like to be certain!)

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

ReputationRep:
    E minor and C minor - The tonality is ambiguous until the basses come in and affirm the key as E minor.

Trust me- E minor was the correct answer in a mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    It starts off in E minor, modulates to C minor in bar 74, returns to E minor in bar 82, modulates again to C minor in bar 90 and then finally returns to E minor at bar 98.

Trust me, I'm staring at the Edexcel textbook as I type this

ReputationRep:
    Saw this thread in the latest discussions and was one of the first results to come up when I searched "music GCSE" so I thought I'd post it here...

I took my final IGCSEs in summer 2012 though my school chose to do GCSE music (idk why) so I made a summary table for all the set works which you can find here: http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/g...condensed_info
    -you have to create a free account to download it though.

I got an A overall, but got 81/90 on compositions and 88/90 for performances. It was the listening paper that brought me down, unfortunately.

Don't hesitate to contact me if anyone's got any further questions

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you so much to all of you :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 4, 2014

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.