School's in North East.

Watch
tflanjee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm thinking about moving schools for Sixth form.
What schools does everyone go to if you live in the North East and what are they like?
I'm especially looking at:
Barnard Castle
Queen Ethelburgas
Stokesly School
Ripon Grammar School
Egglescliffe
Teesside High School
Yarm School
Durham Girls High School

Thanks
PWP2CBT
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I live in the North East and went to Newcastle Sixth Form College. I don't think anyone really considers those schools unless you'd been to them previously.
Laurence Oz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would advise you to instead look at perusing and education in the south-east of England. Perhaps one could look at Harrow or Eaton, only if one's parents posses the stature to fund it of course.
sarcastic-sal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I live in the Teesside area so I can't really comment on the sixth forms in Northumberland.
Are you wanting to go for a private or state sixth form? If private I'd go for Yarm (although I have a friend there who considers it a little snobbish). Teesside High's sixth form is tiny and isn't as renowned for academic success as Yarm is. Apparently Teesside High is more of a state school with great facilities than a rah-rah private school.
For state, Egglescliffe is quite decent, as is Stokesley. Egglescliffe does appear to contain more external (i.e. didn't go to the attached school) students than the average school sixth form.
tflanjee
Rep:
?
Those are the four I'm looking at as the others are quite far away and my parents aren't keen on me boarding...not sure if I am really. Its just hard they all have good points and bad points

Posted from TSR Mobile
sarcastic-sal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tflanjee)
Those are the four I'm looking at as the others are quite far away and my parents aren't keen on me boarding...not sure if I am really. Its just hard they all have good points and bad points

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I was you, I'd try and visit them all to get a feel for which one you like the best. At the end of the day, sixth form is really just a stepping stone from school to university so the academic side of things and support available for your UCAS application are really what matter the most.
River85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tflanjee)
I'm thinking about moving schools for Sixth form.
What schools does everyone go to if you live in the North East and what are they like?
I'm especially looking at:
Barnard Castle
Queen Ethelburgas
Stokesly School
Ripon Grammar School
Egglescliffe
Teesside High School
Yarm School
Durham Girls High School

Thanks
The entire north east region, or just North Yorkshire and Teesdale (as all of those, Durham Girls High School, are in Teesdale/North Yorkshire unless I'm mistaken).
tflanjee
Rep:
?
Teesale\North Yorkshire then I was looking a bit further afield for a while but I'm indecisive enough as it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads