The Student Room Group

Annoying drivers

What things do other drivers do that really annoy you?

Scroll to see replies

Drive.
1. Learner drivers that drive at 5mph in peak hour traffic, causing further congestion. (I wish I had a robot arm attached to the front of my car that could pick up the learner driver's car, and toss it sideways.)

2. Idiots at roundabouts who are too lazy to signal.

3. Losers who park in my allocated parking spot.

4. Lazy slobs who stop in the middle of a very busy single lane road to drop something off or dash off to the shops.

5. Selfie type women who facebook/text on their phones in traffic, not realizing the lights went green 30 seconds ago.
For me it has to be people who park their car, then open their door so wide it bangs your car door. Especially when you are sat in the car. Then they walk off all oblivious to whats happened.
It happened to my mum and dad once when they where sat in the car in a carpark eating. The bloke kept opening his door and banging his door onto the door handle on my mums car because he couldnt get his door open wide enough (even though their was plenty of room). He chipped the paint off the door handle on my mums car (which was only 3 months old at the time).
Reply 4
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
1. Learner drivers that drive at 5mph in peak hour traffic, causing further congestion. (I wish I had a robot arm attached to the front of my car that could pick up the learner driver's car, and toss it sideways.)

2. Idiots at roundabouts who are too lazy to signal.

3. Losers who park in my allocated parking spot.

4. Lazy slobs who stop in the middle of a very busy single lane road to drop something off or dash off to the shops.

5. Selfie type women who facebook/text on their phones in traffic, not realizing the lights went green 30 seconds ago.

Though I'm a learner driver myself currently I can see why you'd be annoyed at other learners but don't forget the position you were in when you started out driving. Easy to forget sometimes.

Definitely agree with the second point. So annoying, I failed my test because of one idiot and was doing so well... I mean it really isn't hard to just flick the stick up or down?!

Another annoying 'driver' are cyclists for reasons I don't believe I have to explain.
Wouldn't it be a shorter thread to list the good drivers and the things they do?
Original post by barnetlad
Wouldn't it be a shorter thread to list the good drivers and the things they do?

Probably, but it would be less interesting though.
Original post by Emma:-)
For me it has to be people who park their car, then open their door so wide it bangs your car door. Especially when you are sat in the car. Then they walk off all oblivious to whats happened.
It happened to my mum and dad once when they where sat in the car in a carpark eating. The bloke kept opening his door and banging his door onto the door handle on my mums car because he couldnt get his door open wide enough (even though their was plenty of room). He chipped the paint off the door handle on my mums car (which was only 3 months old at the time).

Blood would be shed if someone did this to my new car.
Reply 8
Original post by Emma:-)
What things do other drivers do that really annoy you?

Pull out in front of me to go to the next junction.

Pulling out in front of me to then drive at like 20mph.

Actually just being on the road thumbs↑.

Really wish I had one of those car magnets that scrap yards have so I could pick them up and toss them out my way :biggrin:, that'll be ideal :wink:.
Reply 9
Getting up my arse when I'm going 30 in 30 with a tracker in my car and they're like an inch away from me in their Audi A4 Estate.... (Today)
No indications
People who overtake me on the motorway and slow down to 60
People going 50 on the motorway when there's a massive gap in front of them, in the outside lane.
Flashers

Doesn't take much to make me annoyed to be fair.
Reply 10
People that don't indicate
Reply 11
Drivers who get up your arse annoys hell out of me, yeah mate im a bit of a crap learner driver which is why im on left hand lane, move somewhere else!
Reply 12
When they activate their turn signal, mid-turn.

When they try to marry their bumper to your exhaust pipe. (It's a 30 road and I have a tracker. I'm not moving off 29, no matter how much encouragement you try to give me)

When they're so deep into reading a text 4rm their girlfriendz or watevs that they sit on a green light and need to be honked to wake the **** up.

Not sure whether the pedestrian approaching the crossing will get there in time so they end up stop and starting until they finally make the decision to stop - halfway over the crossing.

Cyclists. 'Nuff said. (I know they're not motorists but needed an honourable mention)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Tailgating in a street where there is a speed camera >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drivers coming towards you, who don't give you enough room in a meet situation (when they have plenty of space on their side) angers me.

When people park too close to either of the parking bay lines and the parking bay next to that car is the only empty space. Annoys me that....

Tailgaiting for no reason
Original post by mattcam94
Getting up my arse when I'm going 30 in 30 with a tracker in my car and they're like an inch away from me in their Audi A4 Estate.... (Today)
No indications
People who overtake me on the motorway and slow down to 60
People going 50 on the motorway when there's a massive gap in front of them, in the outside lane.
Flashers

Doesn't take much to make me annoyed to be fair.

I misinterpret that at first, and though you were talking about people who were flashing something other than their lights.
Reply 16
Cyclists and taxi drivers
Reply 17
Original post by andrew2209
I misinterpret that at first, and though you were talking about people who were flashing something other than their lights.

no comment.
People who don't signal at roundabouts.
A pain for both pedestrians and other motorists.
Original post by DotDotCurve
Blood would be shed if someone did this to my new car.

My mum shouted through the car window (she would have got out and had words with him but my dad didnt want her to cause a scene). He still carried on walking though- oblivious to what was going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending