The Student Room Group

retaking AS level

i retook a year of my AS and changes my entire subjects and exam boards, would uni look down on this and would i be able to erase what happened last year as my result last year will have no impact on the results i will get.

i changed 6 forms aswell
Reply 1
If you changed all your subjects, probably not particularly unless you're wanting to apply to something like medicine.

You still have to declare all your grades on UCAS though even if you've retaken the year.
Most unis don't care, did you take your AS exams at you first 6th form? If you did you have to put your grades on your UCAS form. You can't erase it but as I said most unis don't care.
Original post by Paralove
If you changed all your subjects, probably not particularly unless you're wanting to apply to something like medicine.

You still have to declare all your grades on UCAS though even if you've retaken the year.

thanks, but i wont i will hide what happened last year:colondollar:,
Original post by mrdetermination
thanks, but i wont i will hide what happened last year:colondollar:,

That is fraud and you could get rejected from all your choices or even kicked out of uni once you start.
Original post by x__justmyluck
That is fraud and you could get rejected from all your choices or even kicked out of uni once you start.

yh, dont worry i would try and find a loophole where i can hide them grades if not i will add them. :eek:are you scared i might go to prison?
You have to put the grades down, simple as that. You messed up that year so deal with it.
Original post by x__justmyluck
You have to put the grades down, simple as that. You messed up that year so deal with it.

thank you for your advise, i will take it into consideration
Original post by mrdetermination
yh, dont worry i would try and find a loophole where i can hide them grades if not i will add them. :eek:are you scared i might go to prison?

But then what would your excuse be for the extra gap year between GCSE and A levels? Unis would want to know why you took a year out of education and what you did during it - and if you can't give a good reason they will assume you spent the year dossing around in front of the TV which is possibly even worse than doing badly in a few AS levels...
You won't go to prison, but it is possible that deliberately hiding your grades would cause a uni to reject you - they have to check your qualification when you arrive.
Anyway, if you completely changed subjects then you can always use the excuse that those subjects clearly weren't right for you and hence why you did badly at them. Assuming you don't pick a degree particularly related to them then I doubt many unis will care - as long as you do reasonably well and meet their required grades in your new subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest