The Student Room Group

British Indian guys: would you date a Pakistani girl?

Like the title says would you (Indian/south-asian guys) date and be in a serious/committed relationship a westernised non-religious British Pakistani girl, i.e. someone who goes out/drinks, is open to relationships? Why and why not?

See I've met a couple of nice guys over the past few of weeks who just so happened to all be Indian, and during the initial getting to know each other phase (not necessarily in a romantic setting but could possibly lead to it) we get along seemingly well until I mention I'm Pakistani after which I've noticed a lot of guys seem a tad disappointed/turned-off or tone down the friendliness/flirtatiousness completely :s-smilie: One guy even once jokingly mentioned how he could never introduce me to his parents because of my ethnicity :/

I mean sure they're perfectly entitled to their own preferences and that any guy worth his salt would see past this and see me for me but i dunno... it's kind of annoying that I don't get a chance to show the real me without being lumped with the stereotypes of being Pakistani (which is what I'm assuming is happening here often). Also I seem to be solely attracted to asian guys of which the majority happen to be indian...

Thoughts TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah non-Muslim Indian guys never, ever go for Pakistani girls. It's just rare, and doesn't happen.

a) some have this stupid nationality beef (to me that's stupid, good pussy is good pussy, regardless of country)
b) some have religious reservations
c) they're scared of your dad

Personally as a male from your side of the border, I don't really care, I'll go for Pakistanis or Indians, but Indian guys definitely have some problems with going for Pakistani girls.
Reply 2
Original post by Straight up G
Yeah non-Muslim Indian guys never, ever go for Pakistani girls. It's just rare, and doesn't happen.

Ouch. That makes me sad :/

a) some have this stupid nationality beef (to me that's stupid, good pussy is good pussy, regardless of country)

Personally as a male from your side of the border, I don't really care, I'll go for Pakistanis or Indians, but Indian guys definitely have some problems with going for Pakistani girls.

a) really? I have indian friends (mainly girls however) but you'd think in this day and age people would be a bit more accepting especially if you are reasonably educated.
b) such as not being able to fulfil religios obligations/participate in their religious activites. or that she'd try to gwt him to convert or bring him round to her way of thinking?
c) LOL ngl thats somewhat legit but what if the girl is independent (at uni doing one of the asian trio subjects :P) and eventually able to stand on her own two feet?

Do you personally know of indian guys who were afraid to go for pakistani girls? How did it work out and what type of girls where they?

Also if you dont mind me asking, are you muslim?
Tbf, there usually isn't much difference between Indian/Pakastani guys from what I've seen around uni/college. It's more to do with the family, if the Indian guy had strict religious family and he respects that then it's unlikely.

To answer the question, being south Asian I would.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Straight up G

Vice versa to be honest.
Reply 5
Original post by So Instinct
Tbf, there usually isn't much difference between Indian/Pakastani guys from what I've seen around uni/college.

To answer the question, being south Asian I would.

I guess I meant non-muslim/sikh/hindu guys as opposed to muslim indian guys. Hmm have you heard of such couple forming or is it extremely rare as suggested above?
Reply 6
Would your parents/family be okay with it tho?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I guess I meant non-muslim/sikh/hindu guys as opposed to muslim indian guys. Hmm have you heard of such couple forming or is it extremely rare as suggested above?

I edited my original post. It kind of depends on the family, if the family is strict then it's rare. I have a somewhat relaxed family so I get away with dating anyone, which is why I said I would. But in general it's not something you will see that often I'm afraid.

Does it really matter though? I mean you could date someone from Pakistan or a non-religous south Asian, with little to no difference?
Reply 8
Original post by pinda.college
Vice versa to be honest.

This is very true tbh, the majority of pak girls i know stick soley to pak guys or at a stretch Arabs. Maybe these sort of situations are where the stereotypes arise from...
Vice versa to be honest.

Works both way rounds. It stems from the previous generations unfortunately.
This is very true tbh, the majority of pak girls i know stick soley to pak guys or at a stretch Arabs. Maybe these sort of situations are where the stereotypes arise from...

Works both way rounds. It stems from the previous generations unfortunately.

It will continue to stem down through future generations if the whole 'beef' between Indians/Pakistanis and the pihlosophy that being with someone who is not of the same cast/religion is ingrained in our culture. It's ridiculous if you ask me however, it's sad that most Indians and Pakistanis will stick to their own kind simply as a resignaiton for peace.
depends how buff you are!
Reply 12
Like the title says would you (Indian/south-asian guys) date and be in a serious/committed relationship a westernised non-religious British Pakistani girl, i.e. someone who goes out/drinks, is open to relationships? Why and why not?

See I've met a couple of nice guys over the past few of weeks who just so happened to all be Indian, and during the initial getting to know each other phase (not necessarily in a romantic setting but could possibly lead to it) we get along seemingly well until I mention I'm Pakistani after which I've noticed a lot of guys seem a tad disappointed/turned-off or tone down the friendliness/flirtatiousness completely :s-smilie: One guy even once jokingly mentioned how he could never introduce me to his parents because of my ethnicity :/

I mean sure they're perfectly entitled to their own preferences and that any guy worth his salt would see past this and see me for me but i dunno... it's kind of annoying that I don't get a chance to show the real me without being lumped with the stereotypes of being Pakistani (which is what I'm assuming is happening here often). Also I seem to be solely attracted to asian guys of which the majority happen to be indian...

Thoughts TSR?

I am a British Pakistani girl from a Muslim family.

My boyfriend is an Indo-Canadian Sikh.

So yeah it is possible, unless Indian guys in Britain are completely different to the ones in Canada :s-smilie:

Edit: Also, aren't Indians and Pakistanis the same ethnicity? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
I edited my original post. It kind of depends on the family, if the family is strict then it's rare. I have a somewhat relaxed family so I get away with dating anyone, which is why I said I would. But in general it's not something you will see that often I'm afraid.

Does it really matter though? I mean you could date someone from Pakistan or a non-religous south Asian, with little to no difference?

Ah I see.

With pakistani guys, I guess it matters because a lot tend to be either actively religious (so we wouldn't be compatible) or currently non-religious and having fun but would like to become more religious later on/raise religious kids. It's hard to find pakistani guys who are neither of these - Ive met only one so far.
Reply 14
Being an Indian guy myself I wouldn't mind. But I've had bad experiences with Pakistani girls so that kinda puts me off. But I wont let my past affect my present
Reply 15
Original post by Noor90
I am a British Pakistani girl from a Muslim family.

My boyfriend is an Indo-Canadian Sikh.

So yeah it is possible, unless Indian guys in Britain are completely different to the ones in Canada :s-smilie:

Ooh interesting..

How did your boyfriend react when you first mentioned you were pakistani? Do his parents know and what do they think? Is he from a strict religious family?

(apologies for the uber personal questions :P)
Reply 16
Original post by Dilsz
Being an Indian guy myself I wouldn't mind. But I've had bad experiences with Pakistani girls so that kinda puts me off. But I wont let my past affect my present

If you dont mind saying, what sort of bad experiences?
Putting Punjabi-Punjabi relationships aside, Pakistanis don't really tend to go for Indians. I have heard plenty of Indian friends saying Pak girls are very attractive but they seem to have a problem when it comes to long term relationships as well.
It will continue to stem down through future generations if the whole 'beef' between Indians/Pakistanis and the pihlosophy that being with someone who is not of the same cast/religion is ingrained in our culture. It's ridiculous if you ask me however, it's sad that most Indians and Pakistanis will stick to their own kind simply as a resignaiton for peace.

Not to forget the "your great great grandfather hit my great great grandfather over the head" mentality which still seems to be ingrained in both peoples.
Reply 19
Original post by rickfloss
depends how buff you are!

I can't tell if you are serious but in the event you are, I'm reasonably attractive without blowing my own trumpet if relying on the attention I get. But who knows, that could mean bugger all and I could be very very average :s-smilie: