Quotations - english lit - of mice and men - help!!! Watch

Amsque
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello everyone,

I'm really worried. I've got my Eng. lit igcse exam on the 9th, and I'm studying Of Mice and Men. I've collected quotations and am memorizing them, but am SO stuck. I have no idea if I've got the right ones ... if you've studied Of Mice and Men for an igcse/gcse qualification before, please give me some advice - especially to those who have taken the IGCSE exam! Any advice!

• Do you need unique quotations?
  • Do you need quotations for analysing language?
  • What sort of quotations should I collect?
  • Do you need to memorize a lot of quotations?#
  • And A* students - do you need a lot of quotes? What tips do you have on choosing them?
  • Do you need a lot of quotes handy for every character/theme/symbol ...
  • Effective ways to memorize quotes?

Last questions - for very high grades, say A *, do the type of quotations you use and the amount of quotations effect your grade, as well as how unique they are? I mean, I'm just so stuck ... do you have to have a lot of quotes?

I do apologize ... I sound so repetitive and waffl-y! But I do want an A* and I'm very worried about the type of quotes I should collect. Thanks in advance for advice, I would really appreciate it.
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
fatsherry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amsque)
Hello everyone,

I'm really worried. I've got my Eng. lit igcse exam on the 9th, and I'm studying Of Mice and Men. I've collected quotations and am memorizing them, but am SO stuck. I have no idea if I've got the right ones ... if you've studied Of Mice and Men for an igcse/gcse qualification before, please give me some advice - especially to those who have taken the IGCSE exam! Any advice!

• And A* students - do you need a lot of quotes? What tips do you have on choosing them?

Last questions - for very high grades, say A *, do the type of quotations you use and the amount of quotations effect your grade, as well as how unique they are? I mean, I'm just so stuck ... do you have to have a lot of quotes?

I do apologize ... I sound so repetitive and waffl-y! But I do want an A* and I'm very worried about the type of quotes I should collect. Thanks in advance for advice, I would really appreciate it.
Don't be nervous. You'll be fine. You actually don't need a lot of quotations, as long as you analyse the quotes you've got in detail, then you'll be fine. Remember, quality over quantity!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
LiamMcMorrow
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have a poetry exam with this?
Amsque
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by LiamMcMorrow)
Do you have a poetry exam with this?
Hi! Do you mean Paper 2? That one's based on poetry, but paper 1 is based on Drama and Prose - Of Mice and Men is the book I study for the Prose.
LiamMcMorrow
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry aha I did this two years ago now. I think I answered a question on friendship or lonelyness.

My favourite quote was Curleys wife "Shes giving him the eye" or something like that. There is so much to that!

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow!
Ohliwiah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amsque)
Hello everyone,

Don't worry, be relaxed and you'll be fine! Don't worry about the quotations, focus more on the analysis. I don't know what your exam is like but when I did mine I had a choice of 2 questions, one had a passage that you could use quotes from and the other one didn't, I answered the second question and got an A just by using the quotes from my memory and the ones i found during the exam. Just quotes that you can analyse easily, link to historical context etc, make your analysis unique and interesting. Good luck!
Amsque
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Oh my gosh, everybody's advice about not stressing and relaxing about the quotes was so, so TRUE! On the day of the exam I found myself using more analytical techniques and very few quotes, they were simply ones I could remember very easily. I had this fear of having to get a huge range of quotes, and in the end I just used basic ones that I really backed up what I was saying. So THANKS GUYS for reassuring me, I managed to get an A after all that stressing : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills ā€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads