TheUnderDogMMA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi There,

Im 18 and ive recently decided to teach myself A levels. Due to personal reasons i couldn't stay in school to do my GCSE'S or A levels even though i was predicted A*. I know that im more than capable of doing these, i just need some guidance.

Im looking to do A levels in Maths, Physics And Economics. I would probably look to do a fourth in either further maths or biology depending on how long these take.

Now i figure that doing the maths is going to be more beneficial to do first of all as its needed for Physics. I plan on doing a Physics degree. My question is ive decided to go with edexcel, where do i go from here? what units should i pick that go best with Physics, Any recommendation's on textbooks ect ? Any help is appreciate thanks.
Claree
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheUnderDogMMA)
Hi There,

Im 18 and ive recently decided to teach myself A levels. Due to personal reasons i couldn't stay in school to do my GCSE'S or A levels even though i was predicted A*. I know that im more than capable of doing these, i just need some guidance.

Im looking to do A levels in Maths, Physics And Economics. I would probably look to do a fourth in either further maths or biology depending on how long these take.

Now i figure that doing the maths is going to be more beneficial to do first of all as its needed for Physics. I plan on doing a Physics degree. My question is ive decided to go with edexcel, where do i go from here? what units should i pick that go best with Physics, Any recommendation's on textbooks ect ? Any help is appreciate thanks.
I've self taught maths and further maths using the Pearson Edexcel textbooks as they come with CDs with worked solutions. For a physics degree, I would do C1-4 and M1-2 for maths, then if you were to do further maths include FP1-3 and M3, then whatever out of M4-5 and S1-2 (the mechanics would be much more useful but you might like to do some basic stats instead, which would be much easier than m4 and m5).

Posted from TSR Mobile
JacobAlevels
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheUnderDogMMA)
Hi There,

you'll find that lots of people self-teach A level Maths so it can't be too difficult, I'm self-teaching Further Maths myself. Mechanics units would go best with Physics, so pick M1, M2 etc. but if you want easier options you could go for D1/S1 so you can focus more on the Core. Pearson textbooks are best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads