The Student Room Group

seek advice on tuition refund

Hello all:
I'm asking this for a friend's daughter in china who applied to study A-level here. She paid 10000 pounds tuition fees for the whole year, but was unfortunately denied visa to come here. The reason is that her father's employment address is fake. So the college( named 'cats canterbury college') claimed that this is forged document and refused to refund any amount of tuition fee.
personally,I think this is robbery, simply an excuse for them to rob her. If they insisted on taking the deposite and say a thousand pounds , that's reasonable, but the whole year tuition fee is outrageous.
So I checked their terms and conditions for enrolment which says tuition fee is not refundable for the visa refusal 'of your own fault', now this I mentioned to them is too broad a definition, even a wrong phone number would just do their purpose the same way. the bottom line is: they want to take all the money.
what I hope to find out is: does the college have the right to claim the 10000 pounds tuition fee( which covers 6 terms) for such a ridiculous reason which does no ****ing damage to the college? shouldn't they just take the deposite and retain some money and refund the rest?
If anybody has any suggestions or advice , it's greatly appreciated.
Now I personally think the college is too greedy to refund any money, so any advice on legal procedures would be greatly appreciated as well.

Quick Reply

Latest