Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Watch this thread
ahmedatcha1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys,
i'm quiet new here so forgive me if I make mistakes.

But the reason I am here is because i'm currently resitting my A levels via distance learning. I can't decide on where to apply for University. I have already picked 3 options but can't decide my last two.

Currently I'v already achieved

Maths : D
Core 1 : A
Core 2: C
Core 3: A
Core 4: U
Decisions: U
Statistics: C
Mechanics: D
Further pure 1: U

Chemistry : D
Chemistry 1: A
Chemistry 2: C
Chemistry 3: C
Chemistry 4: D
Chemistry 5: U

Biology: D
Biology 1: B
Biology 2: C
Biology 3: B
Biology 4: D
Biology 5: U

GCSE's
Maths: A*
Core science: C
Addition science: B
English lit: C
English lang: C

I'm fairly confident I can pick my grades up too C's if not B's. I do consider myself quiet smart although my grades don't really reflect that lol. I'm quiet lazy and tend to spend the last 2-3 weeks revising and miss many lessons. I had like 50% attendance for college during my 1st and 2nd year. I then resat and had like 70% attendance in my 3rd year then when it came to after January I went on distance learning but didn't really pick up a book till it got to like May. So my exams flopped again -.-. But now I am ressiting via distance learning and paying for my exams. £600 is a big investment and when your working for minimum wage for your money you tend to pay more attention to revising lol. So now I have 15 days left to choose 2 more university's. So far i'v applied for

Petroleum and mechanical engineering at Salford University.

Chemical engineering at Bradford University

Mechanical engineering at UCLAN

I really want to go University of Manchester, but I doubt I can get in. Do you think its worth applying for the foundation year with my grades? Do you have any idea where else I could apply?

I really want to become a petroleum engineer. Its sort of like my dream job.

Any advice on revision/university/everything would be appreciated.

Thanks for your times guys.
I appreciate that you'v read this far if you did.

ahmedatcha1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by ahmedatcha1)
Hey guys,
i'm quiet new here so forgive me if I make mistakes.

But the reason I am here is because i'm currently resitting my A levels via distance learning. I can't decide on where to apply for University. I have already picked 3 options but can't decide my last two.

Currently I'v already achieved

Maths : D
Core 1 : A
Core 2: C
Core 3: A
Core 4: U
Decisions: U
Statistics: C
Mechanics: D
Further pure 1: U

Chemistry : D
Chemistry 1: A
Chemistry 2: C
Chemistry 3: C
Chemistry 4: D
Chemistry 5: U

Biology: D
Biology 1: B
Biology 2: C
Biology 3: B
Biology 4: D
Biology 5: U

GCSE's
Maths: A*
Core science: C
Addition science: B
English lit: C
English lang: C

I'm fairly confident I can pick my grades up too C's if not B's. I do consider myself quiet smart although my grades don't really reflect that lol. I'm quiet lazy and tend to spend the last 2-3 weeks revising and miss many lessons. I had like 50% attendance for college during my 1st and 2nd year. I then resat and had like 70% attendance in my 3rd year then when it came to after January I went on distance learning but didn't really pick up a book till it got to like May. So my exams flopped again -.-. But now I am ressiting via distance learning and paying for my exams. £600 is a big investment and when your working for minimum wage for your money you tend to pay more attention to revising lol. So now I have 15 days left to choose 2 more university's. So far i'v applied for

Petroleum and mechanical engineering at Salford University.

Chemical engineering at Bradford University

Mechanical engineering at UCLAN

I really want to go University of Manchester, but I doubt I can get in. Do you think its worth applying for the foundation year with my grades? Do you have any idea where else I could apply?

I really want to become a petroleum engineer. Its sort of like my dream job.

Any advice on revision/university/everything would be appreciated.

Thanks for your times guys.
I appreciate that you'v read this far if you did.

Ignore my failed grammar. I still rely on spell check way too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (124)
38.51%
The paper was reasonable (154)
47.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (30)
9.32%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
4.35%

Watched Threads