Cannabis legalized for recreational use in Colarado

Watch
JG1233
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...marijuana.html

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...arijuana-sales

This combined with Uruguay recently legalizing use, other states linked to follow and Argentina and Germany (Berlin) being extremely close to legalizing recreational cannabis it seems legalization is currently a big agenda.

I agree with the legalization, the people pictured in those ques almost guaranteed smoked Cannabis before the legalization and at least now the money would not be going to illegal dealers.
Straight up G
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
www.cheaptravel.com/colorado-summer-2014

lol jk everyone does it over here anyway, legality is no barrier
SikO124
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh America, if only they could see you now..

Spoiler:
Show
Colarado?
JG1233
Rep:
(Original post by Straight up G)

Hence why i think it may as well be legalized, it being illegal deters very few people and even if you get caught it is only a caution first 2 times.

Seems such a waste of money raiding cannabis farms, filling out paper work for cautions etc.
Ggmu!
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This is fantastic, I hope the trend continues across the whole nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
überambitious_ox
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
WTF
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
:woo:
skoav
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I misread that as cannibals, so this is pretty tame compared to what I was expecting.

I'm pretty indifferent to it, but I guess at least if it's going through legitimate vendors you can tax it. Not sure I could put up with the smell, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bananaterracottapie
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
yay
ElChapo
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)

It being illegal gives it a negative stigma where society looks down on you, this is a big barrier for many, and the reason so many people won't even touch the stuff. Also you get some really ****ty weed out there.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Embarrassing when a nation like the US is forging the way for basic liberties.
DeepStar
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
:clap2:
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm still a little confused about this. Isn't it still illegal at the federal level? I'm not sure what that really means in practice.
JG1233
Rep:
(Original post by Psyk)
I'm still a little confused about this. Isn't it still illegal at the federal level? I'm not sure what that really means in practice.
I think the law is pretty confused.
Like it is still illegal to smoke and i think possess in the street, so i think if you bought it in a coffee shop and left without smoking it all in there you could potentially be breaking the law.

I suppose the more states that begin to go down the same route it will become clearer where the federal stance is.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
So when cannabis doesn't ruin the city and all its inhabitants don't die, do we have to carry on pretending that weed is bad?
pl,okmijn
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Obama has pretty much come out and said that he will let states make up their own minds about cannabis, he cant condone it or legalize it on his own accord as he has to appear neutral on the issue. There are still a lot of americans that dont think it should be legal, even in colorado and therefore he needs to let the people decide for themselves, federally the government cannot do anythig either way without upsetting a large amount of people and no party would run the risk of upsetting voters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pl,okmijn)
Obama has pretty much come out and said that he will let states make up their own minds about cannabis, he cant condone it or legalize it on his own accord as he has to appear neutral on the issue. There are still a lot of americans that dont think it should be legal, even in colorado and therefore he needs to let the people decide for themselves, federally the government cannot do anythig either way without upsetting a large amount of people and no party would run the risk of upsetting voters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, so it technically is still illegal, they're just not going to enforce it?
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Lol alcohol is 10x worse , i'll be amazed if anyone is still brainwashed enough to badmouth weed after this social experiment , I don't smoke for my own reasons but have friends who do , despite the fact that it smells disgusting and the high is very overrated it (alcohol is more my thing) should definitely legal in my eyes.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Yes, technically the FBI could step in and shut it all down, but it would cause a pretty big stir and they probably have better things to do.
uktotalgamer
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm still failing to see what makes recreational drug use any different from recreational drinking; infact no I'm not, there's no difference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads