Sifr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Even though I come from an engineering background and have always scored best in my maths modules I absolutely suck at these.

Failed Nomuras, pretty sure I failed Jefferies aswell. Have to do UBS and Deutsche Bank this week.

Can anyone give me advice on how to ace these? Or direct me to the BEST practice ones (already practiced shl and kenexa)

Thanks
spoli21
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Check out this site: http://www.assessmentday.co.uk/
Tokyoround
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's probably because you are so used to advanced math that you have forgotten how to do the basics quickly and efficiently.
Sifr
Rep:
?
(Original post by spoli21)
Check out this site: http://www.assessmentday.co.uk/
Yeap bought the numerical and verbal pack. Still sucking.
Sifr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tokyoround)
It's probably because you are so used to advanced math that you have forgotten how to do the basics quickly and efficiently.
When I do them untimed I've no issues. But I just dont get how its possible to do them THAT quickly. Ergh
wannabeaca
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sifr)
When I do them untimed I've no issues. But I just dont get how its possible to do them THAT quickly. Ergh
Graduatemonkey is the best now apparently...

...spend time on things, read the question quickly and become solid on certain numerical operations.

There are plenty of tips online so you should really be able to pass them. The barrier is normally set at average, so 60-70%.
Sports Racer
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sifr)
If you know how to solve the questions then the problem is comprehension, which, I agree, is challenging when the questions are this badly worded. The only advice is to keep practicing until you gain an intuition about how SHL or whoever come up with them

Spend 30 seconds reading and understanding what the question wants you to do, and another 30 seconds working out the answer. As you know, the actual calcs are trivial - the tricky bit is getting past the '..huh?'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads