"Something has changed" on my UCAS application?

Watch
olirocksmad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi.I got 2 emails from UCAS today saying that "something hadchanged" on my application, so I went onto Track to see what itwas. But everything on there is exactly the same as it was before.Each university is listed as "currently considering" myapplication, and the "last updated" date is the 22nd ofDecember for all of them (the date that my application was first sentoff).

The email says that the possible reasons for thisare that:
oneof your choices has made a decision about your application
youhave received an invitation to interview
youhave made your replies
youhave withdrawn from a choice
•yourreply to an offer has not been received at UCAS by the deadlinegiven. If this is the case, your reply will show as Decline byDefault (DBD).

But none of my choices have been updated,I don't think I've received an invitation to an interview (but Idon't know where to check this anyway), I haven't had anything toreply to, I haven't withdrawn from a choice (and they're all stilllisted), and again, I haven't made a reply to an offer.

Anyhelp would be really appreciated!!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Phone UCAS.

It may simply be an admin/computer clitch and your Track will be updated by tomorrow, but if you want reassurance then phone UCAS, they won't mind. Tel 0871 468 0 468
olirocksmad
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Phone UCAS.

It may simply be an admin/computer clitch and your Track will be updated by tomorrow, but if you want reassurance then phone UCAS, they won't mind. Tel 0871 468 0 468
Thanks for your help. I've been speaking to some friends and a couple of them are having the same problem today, so it sounds like a problem with the system.
GeogBerry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by olirocksmad)
Hi.I got 2 emails from UCAS today saying that "something hadchanged" on my application, so I went onto Track to see what itwas. But everything on there is exactly the same as it was before.Each university is listed as "currently considering" myapplication, and the "last updated" date is the 22nd ofDecember for all of them (the date that my application was first sentoff).

•yourreply to an offer has not been received at UCAS by the deadlinegiven. If this is the case, your reply will show as Decline byDefault (DBD).

But none of my choices have been updated,I don't think I've received an invitation to an interview (but Idon't know where to check this anyway), I haven't had anything toreply to, I haven't withdrawn from a choice (and they're all stilllisted), and again, I haven't made a reply to an offer.

This happened to me. I had an offer but ucas hadn't updated so I rang them and they told me who it was from and the conditions
xsindy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This ALWAYS happens to me! Last year too! -_-
Picture~Perfect
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There seems to be a few problems with track this year. Probably best to phone UCAS and check whats happening as mentioned above.

I had one of those emails several weeks ago, I received a rejection from one my choices, I phoned UCAS to find out what was happening and they said it was probably some kind of technical issue and my track still hasn't updated. It still says that they are considering my application.
Dimples_ND
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

This happened to my friend we couldn't see anything initially and a few days later it finally updated and she had an offer. Just ring them if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ermm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you want to contact UCAS quickly, their facebook is actually really useful. Just message them and someone usually responds within 30 minutes if it's within office hours
olirocksmad
Rep:
?
Thanks for all the replies. The UCAS Facebook page posted a status yesterday saying that track updates are taking a while to go through, and they recommended either phoning them or just waiting for it to be updated
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for all the replies. The UCAS Facebook page posted a status yesterday saying that track updates are taking a while to go through, and they recommended either phoning them or just waiting for it to be updated
Thanks for the update.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.46%
I'm not sure (26)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (182)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (277)
47.68%

Watched Threads