The Student Room Group

I'm struggling more than I hoped

Hi people!

So basically, over this break reality has punched me in the face several times.

I'm doing Edexcel AS History, D3 and D4, which are Russia in Revolution, 1881-1924: From Autocracy to Dictatorship and Stalin’s Russia, 1924-53 respectively. As we have completed D3 and almost finished D4, a mock is probably only a week or so away. I've never been worried about mocks in my life :frown:.

D3 is okay -- even though I wouldn't be able to write anything good in 40 minutes -- so I am not too worried. I think after practice it will be fine. Sadly, I have absolutely NO confidence in D4. I have all past questions and they are giving me anxiety attacks, honestly. I have actually cried several times this week. I'm that big of a self-loathing baby :biggrin:.

I've been trying to revise, but I simply do not dare to try and answer any of those questions, because I know I won't be able to, even over a course of several days like I've done with essays so far.

I don't really know what the point of this is. I guess I am just really worried? Because my minimum grade is an A and history is the only path I would like to follow after college. And I just feel like a failure in general, because I am having a hard time concentrating on any subject. I was wondering if anyone else is or was in the same boat before? Do you have any tips or anything at all?

Anyway, thanks for reading guys. Writing this out helped in itself.
I know it's cliche but honestly just keep at it. You obviously have a genuine interest in the subject so the commitment is there locked away.

Your issue is seemingly with essay technique, which can easily be rectified. Also remember these are only mock exams

Just don't let your worries overwhelm you. Ask a member of staff or someone on TSR (i will be willing to help) with essay technique

Enjoy your holidays, have a break and come back refreshed and attack the history with a fresh outlook :smile:

Quick Reply