The Student Room Group

AS EDEXCEL Geography

Any tips on how to ace the exam with top marks
Reply 1
Revise revise revise! Honestly, buy the textbook and learn it. Knowing specific facts and figures will really boost your marks. Case studies are a must - even if the question doesn't say 'using examples' or whatever, case studies always get marks. So never write anything down without an example.

For the fieldwork exam, do your fieldwork! You'll be taken on a trip I imagine, and it's so important that you actually get some data you can write about. When you're back, make sure that for each location you visited, you have examples of primary research (questionnaires, stuff you did in the field), secondary research (newspaper articles, census data), evaluative points about your research and ideas of how you present your findings. As long as you've got these covered, you'll be prepped for any question they can throw at you.

Any other specific questions, feel free to ask!
Reply 2
would you recommend revising the whole edexcel geography textbook
I have revised about like 42 pages and I got 109 pages because am we are starting the second section
any tips am soo far behind
Reply 3
Original post by llik
would you recommend revising the whole edexcel geography textbook
I have revised about like 42 pages and I got 109 pages because am we are starting the second section
any tips am soo far behind

Well ok, maybe not the whole thing. :redface: But I'd say try and pull out of most of the statistics in there, and really specific location detail. That's what will make you stand out and look like you know what you're talking about.

If you're behind, make sure you catch up! But as long as you understand all the content, it's quite hard to go wrong with Geography. Make sure you've read the specification and examiner's reports to brush up on exam technique. Apart from that, keep on top of classwork and consolidate everything you do in class by topping it up with stuff from the textbook. :smile:
Reply 4
what are the boundaries to reach the top marks in both exams
and how easy do you think they are
Reply 5
what other as subjects did you do
Reply 6
Grade boundaries vary each year. I think they're quite high for an A, but not unmanageable. They're here: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/gce-alevel-grade-boundaries.aspx (Click on GCE units for the raw marks.)

I did English literature, Psychology and Japanese at AS.
Reply 7
am doing French at as any tips on an A at AS
again am trying to learn 500+ vocab words for the exam
Reply 8
Original post by llik
am doing French at as any tips on an A at AS
again am trying to learn 500+ vocab words for the exam

Haha, I ask the same question! I got a B in Japanese, so I'm not that qualified to say. Vocab's my biggest problem too. Get a vocab list? Or just literally rote learn important words? I think that's the only way really!
Reply 9
yh I have a list of the vocab list
need to pratice translating essay etc
Reply 10
didn't you do geography at AS OR A2
Reply 11
Original post by llik
didn't you do geography at AS OR A2

Did it at AS, doing it at A2 and have applied for it at university.
Reply 12
nice so your the person to ask for geography

Quick Reply

Latest