If you're against drugs but drink alcohol, you're an idiot Watch

Jordooooom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I see this all the time. People I know saying things such as 'people who take drugs are so unattractive/disgusting'.

'I can't respect anyone who takes drugs'

'Hate when people try justifying drugs'

Yet the people saying this go out every weekend and get smashed on drink. If it was hardcore drugs such as Heroin and crystal meth then I would understand but things such as ecstacy and cannabis? Are you seriously that deluded? Are you that brainwashed by society?

Is there anyone who is against people using drugs but drinks alcohol themselves on here? Can you argue why? Because as far as I can tell it's just hypocritical.

EDIT: For people who can't read, I'm mainly talking about soft drugs. Not class A drugs
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't take drugs or drink alcohol but those who are against alcohol shouldn't be called idiots. Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands every year and being against it is not a bad thing..
Le Nombre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think everything should illegal, but stuff like crack, crystal meth, smack, coke etc. destroy lives on a per user basis much more commonly than alcohol.

The amount of alcohol necessary to be physically addicted is a lot greater than the amount of those drugs I listed.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
If hating intoxicants that kill hundreds of thousands every year makes me an idiot then so be it.
You're talking about alcohol here, right?
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
(Original post by Le Nombre)
I don't think everything should illegal, but stuff like crack, crystal meth, smack, coke etc. destroy lives on a per user basis much more commonly than alcohol.

The amount of alcohol necessary to be physically addicted is a lot greater than the amount of those drugs I listed.
That's not the type of drugs I am talking about
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It is hypocritical but people think because it is legal, it somehow makes them less of a twat when they're off their tits.
MJ1012
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Generally the generation above ours (mum and dad) are very pro drinking and very anti cannabis, I find it weird myself...
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
It is hypocritical but people think because it is legal, it somehow makes them less of a twat when they're off their tits.
Or "It's legal, so can't be dangerous." :rolleyes:
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MJ1012)
Or "It's legal, so can't be dangerous." :rolleyes:
Yeah, as they're vomiting their guts up with their skirt hitched around their waist completely obliterated.
alexmufc1995
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've been raised in a society where alcohol is legal, but drugs are illegal; I presume this is where the distinction arises. I'm not saying alcohol is any safer/less harmful, this is just the situation.

I suspect that if brewing/distillation of alchol had been developed recently (as opposed to thousands of years ago), it would also be illegal due to the health consequences, as would tobacco.
NeeceLondon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't be against people using drugs if it doesn't affect me. I'd much rather my friends drink instead of taking drugs though, simply because if you were to buy a bottle of alcohol in a shop it seems more legitimate than buying drugs from someone because you never know what is really in it. For example, when people pass drugs around at parties, you don't really know what it is so I think it's stupid to take it.
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, as they're vomiting their guts up with their skirt hitched around their waist completely obliterated.
And their relatively sober friend stops them getting beaten up, run over and falling off a cliff. They wake up in the morning in their own bed and then call their friend "boring" for not wanting to go out the next night, or get completely trashed too. I cannot comprehend these peoples mindsets...
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Many more die from Alcohol. Go to any liver ward in an hospital and you will see the effects of alcohol.

Funny how deluded people are when its marketed so well. Jack Daniels: "its not about whats under the tree its about whose around the tree" sure if you would stop killing people that would be great!
STOmelody
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jordooooom)
I see this all the time. People I know saying things such as 'people who take drugs are so unattractive/disgusting'.

'I can't respect anyone who takes drugs'

'Hate when people try justifying drugs'

Yet the people saying this go out every weekend and get smashed on drink. If it was hardcore drugs such as Heroin and crystal meth then I would understand but things such as ecstacy and cannabis? Are you seriously that deluded? Are you that brainwashed by society?

Is there anyone who is against people using drugs but drinks alcohol themselves on here? Can you argue why? Because as far as I can tell it's just hypocritical.

EDIT: For people who can't read, I'm mainly talking about soft drugs. Not class A drugs
Not really sure you have a right to call anyone an 'idiot' for getting drunk. I'm exactly the kind of person you're describing, I drink, sometimes until quite inebriated, on the weekends, but am pretty much against weed etc. My problem isn't really with the substance, but more the dependence on it. I find it quite sad that people get high when they're bored and smoking weed is a 'motive'. I find it just as sad as if people were to be dependent on alcohol. If people were to get drunk by themselves then I would probably call alcoholism.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some people like both, some people like one of them, some people like none of them. Each to their own.
Are you Shaw?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you seen the trouble alcohol has caused? Anti-social behaviour has swept accross Western nations like there's no tommorow, sure having a light drink in private is fine, as is doing drugs in your own residence.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
(Original post by STOmelody)
Not really sure you have a right to call anyone an 'idiot' for getting drunk. I'm exactly the kind of person you're describing, I drink, sometimes until quite inebriated, on the weekends, but am pretty much against weed etc. My problem isn't really with the substance, but more the dependence on it. I find it quite sad that people get high when they're bored and smoking weed is a 'motive'. I find it just as sad as if people were to be dependent on alcohol. If people were to get drunk by themselves then I would probably call alcoholism.
Not everyone smokes weed every day... just shows how clueless you are :rolleyes: you look down on people for taking something which is far less harmful compared to what you're taking? Nice logic!

How many people become abusive on weed? How many people commit crimes in general while high, compared to alcohol?
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Erm, drunk & disorderly is something you can get arrested for. Drinking alcohol is legal. Being wasted on the other hand is technically against the law, it's just not followed up on in every instance. As far as I know, bartenders should actually not sell more alcohol to someone who is "drunk".
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by danny111)
Erm, drunk & disorderly is something you can get arrested for. Drinking alcohol is legal. Being wasted on the other hand is technically against the law, it's just not followed up on in every instance. As far as I know, bartenders should actually not sell more alcohol to someone who is "drunk".
Well, the sale and consumption of alcohol is legal, and there are so many drunken bell ends on a Friday/Saturday night that it might as well be legal. Being a bit pedantic here I think.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
(Original post by NeeceLondon)
I wouldn't be against people using drugs if it doesn't affect me. I'd much rather my friends drink instead of taking drugs though, simply because if you were to buy a bottle of alcohol in a shop it seems more legitimate than buying drugs from someone because you never know what is really in it. For example, when people pass drugs around at parties, you don't really know what it is so I think it's stupid to take it.
True, there is a lot of dodgy stuff going around with people not knowing exactly what's in them. Certain ones are more dangerous that others. However if they were legal and regulated like alcohol then that wouldn't be an issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads