The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

HELP! - Considering switching to SOAS

I'm a first year at Edinburgh University studying Linguistics and Social Anthropology.

I applied to SOAS earlier this year, for Korean and Linguistics, when choosing universities and got in! However due to financial difficulties I had to stay in Scotland.

Now that I'm at the end of my first semester I've realised that I'd rather study both in London and primarily Social Anthropology.

So TL;DR is that I want to know if it's possible to switch for entry to first year in 2014 at this point and also whether I'd have to apply through UCAS.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by ccelesticaa
I'm a first year at Edinburgh University studying Linguistics and Social Anthropology.

I applied to SOAS earlier this year, for Korean and Linguistics, when choosing universities and got in! However due to financial difficulties I had to stay in Scotland.

Now that I'm at the end of my first semester I've realised that I'd rather study both in London and primarily Social Anthropology.

So TL;DR is that I want to know if it's possible to switch for entry to first year in 2014 at this point and also whether I'd have to apply through UCAS.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I can't give you a definitive answer, but I recommend you start by contacting SOAS and asking if they'd take you, and also post your question about whether you'd have to go though UCAS in the 'applications and UCAS' forum, there are a lot of experts on there who should be able to help.

Good luck with the transfer :smile: :crossedf:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending