The best universities in UK for a Ma in Translation/ Interpreting and/or Subtitling Watch

fiorella91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everybody, I'm Italian and I would love to do a MA's degree in Translation and Interpreting or/ and Audio-visual translation, such as Subtitling. Is there anyone who can advise me some universities which have this kind of MA? thanks
Pinkool14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
University of Westminster in London....there are many courses there
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Newcastle and Edinburgh have good courses.

I know a friend at Westminster and her class has plenty complaints about quality of teaching and some lecturers are just adjuncts. The administration is not addressing the problem. Avoid Westminster.
ZakV
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tcannon)
Avoid Westminster.
Depending on the campus, the area you live in may not be that great either.
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bristol has also a strong language department with translation courses. Good student to lecturer ratio and rigorous. A former neighbour is enrolled and very happy with MA quality.

I mean avoid Westminster Uni. Besides academic concern, it is a commuter uni with mostly evening classes and London is expensive.
c2uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know someone who did and someone currently on the MA Translation Studies at Cardiff - he's actually doing Spanish and Italian to English translations, mentioned the practical and theoretical aspect of the course, plus professional guest lecturers and such. And my other friend did her master project on subtitling.

Don't know much about the others though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (209)
26.86%
Not great so far... (280)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.41%

Watched Threads