The Student Room Group

Please help to make a lifelong decision!

Hi guys my name is Eve.

At the moment I am trying to decide shall I go for dentistry studies since it is a long way to go for it.

I've finished school and came to England few years ago cos my sister lived here and i didn't really knew what I want to study back then. So I thought Ill came here, learn english and see how things goes.

So I worked as a care worker for nearly 3 years, done a few NVQ's and now decided I would like to study dentistry.

Well, the thing is that I chose wrong A levels at school back then and also my grades wasn't very good:frown:

So guys please tell me what shall I do and where to start to become a dentist one day.

p.s. I am really motivated trying to read dental books and stuff. I also think the best thing to do is become a dental nurse first.

Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really competitive you could try dental hygienist but even that is hard. good luck
Reply 2
A dentistry degree with an integrated foundation year is your best hope, but you will sometimes need to meet certain requirements like coming from a crap school or low income. Even then, they will likely want AAA at A-level.

I really hate saying this as I'm more of a 'work hard for something and you can get it' sort of person, but in this case, because dentistry is so competitive, and the consider things like GCSE results as well as A-levels, you don't stand much of a chance. However one possible option you could consider, and you'll have to ask the universities if they will even consider this, is if you do your GCSEs and A-levels all over again. That will take 2-3 years though.

What is it about dentistry though? Most people seem attracted to a large pay check and a career that is seen as prestigious. There are several other, less competitive degree you can do that can lead to higher salaries.

Quick Reply

Latest