The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Hi everyone

I've literally been living on this thread the last couple of days
I got pooled by Corpus Christi for English, I know a couple of people on this thread have been fished for English but I'm guessing majority of English people haven't? Well hoping is probably a better word...
:smile:
Original post by degasgirl
I GOT FISHED FOR HISTORY OF ART!

Plonked unceremoniously into the pool by Emmanuel, fished out by Jesus.

Admissions left a voicemail on my mobile at 10.50am, as I was in an exam, but I've listened to it just now and AAH! don't give up hope! Keep your cool and make sure you can access your voicemails! They said they've taken my file out of the pool and would like to make me an offer, and that details are coming later. DON'T LOSE HOPE! Good luck to my fellow HofA-ers - I was inconsolable yesterday: my parents thought I was having a nervous breakdown! PM me if you want to know more, this has been a truly horrible few days full of stress!

Congrats! :biggrin:

It looks like you were saved by Jesus lol :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just been fished from the pool! Got a direct offer for music at Jesus was initially pooled by Pembroke. So excited!! Good luck to those still swimming and thanks for all the support :smile: xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1983
Original post by kateamber
Be thankful you got in at all..

Amen to that! You should be celebrating getting into one of the best universities in the world not complaining about your college.
Reply 1984
Does anyone know how applying for a deferred place affects my chances of getting fished? Thanks
Original post by kateamber
Emmanuel. You?

Newnham
Original post by EmpressTara
There are alot of people waiting for news, praying to be fished out by just anywhere-I think it's very inconsiderate to post on here where everyone is so tense, COMPLAINING about being offered a place at cambridge.

Yeah, the guy is obviously not a troll, let's rage at him
Reply 1987
Original post by ISAACLOWZY
Hello! Which college were you pooled from? Any of the colleges took the bait?

Trinity! no not yet:frown:( given up hope! you?
Original post by osczt
Does anyone know how applying for a deferred place affects my chances of getting fished? Thanks

I don't think it changes much. Yes, in theory there are more available spaces for 2015, but they have to keep a lot of those spaces open. The best way for them to measure you against people who have yet to apply is to measure you against the people who applied this year. So your chances are probably about the same.
We just got our post and there is a letter with an offer from St Catharine's for law for my daughter. :smile: She had been previously pooled by Trinity.

I feel for all you little fishes: the waiting is the hardest. Good luck to you however it turns out. My older daughter didn't get fished 2 years ago (after a several week wait and a "strong recommendation" from Queens) but is now a blissfully happy medical student elsewhere. Your lives will go on just fine whatever happens.
Reply 1990
Original post by osczt

Original post by Llewellyn
I don't think it changes much. Yes, in theory there are more available spaces for 2015, but they have to keep a lot of those spaces open. The best way for them to measure you against people who have yet to apply is to measure you against the people who applied this year. So your chances are probably about the same.

From the admissions handbook:

Consideration of deferred entry applicants should be entirely separate from and transacted after that fordirect entry applicants. In all subjects the order of picking should be determined randomly. Applicants whoapply for direct entry but are then available for consideration for deferred entry, having not been selectedfor offer or interview for direct entry, should be dealt with alongside deferred entry applicants.

I don't think this will affect you though, really.
Reply 1991
Original post by aminkaram
Any new news for Comp Sci? Looking at the thread it seems only one person has been fished so far and no one has been invited for interview :-/
hey, which college pooled you? I was pooled by Caius but my chances of an offer are very low I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1992
Our lad got a follow up email from King's (Maths) last night to say that his file had been returned to them, un-fished.

Onwards, and props to King's for being so good at the admissions process admin - they seem to really understand how stressful it is!
Reply 1993
Original post by mumofmedic
We just got our post and there is a letter with an offer from St Catharine's for law for my daughter. :smile: She had been previously pooled by Trinity.

I feel for all you little fishes: the waiting is the hardest. Good luck to you however it turns out. My older daughter didn't get fished 2 years ago (after a several week wait and a "strong recommendation" from Queens) but is now a blissfully happy medical student elsewhere. Your lives will go on just fine whatever happens.

Hi I also got pooled form Trimity for law, would you mind sharing your daughter's stats so I could compare? i have not yet been fished :frown: don't worry if not!
Original post by RD208
hey, which college pooled you? I was pooled by Caius but my chances of an offer are very low I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was pooled by Queens'. I really have no idea what my chances are. Personally I feel my TSA went well but my interviews let me down. There were parts of the interview where I acted stupidly and some parts which I think I answered quite well.
Did you qualify for autopool?
Reply 1995
Was fished out of the pool by Jesus today having applied to Pembroke for Linguistics admissions lady called my mobile at 1102 this morning (during lessons). Don't know the offer yet but it'll arrive soon.

Hope things work out for the rest of you if you're in the pool it means you're v good. Even if you don't get in in the end, remember that you had enough guts to apply to Cambridge and risk failing. Don't give up, keep swimming, all the best!!
Reply 1996
Original post by aminkaram
I was pooled by Queens'. I really have no idea what my chances are. Personally I feel my TSA went well but my interviews let me down. There were parts of the interview where I acted stupidly and some parts which I think I answered quite well.
Did you qualify for autopool?

I think my interviews were reasonable but the TSA was a lottery. I did qualify for autopool because I had more than 4 A1's at at higher so thats why I think my chances are low:frown: do you reckon you were autopooled too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question about the chances of getting an offer after an additional interview:

The stat that is being thrown about is that you have a 40 percent chance of an offer after interview. Is this just a general percentage or is it for all subjects? Does this mean 'B' candidates have a 60% chance? And lastly, if I'm interviewed, am I definitely in competition with another candidate?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1998
Original post by RD208
I think my interviews were reasonable but the TSA was a lottery. I did qualify for autopool because I had more than 4 A1's at at higher so thats why I think my chances are low:frown: do you reckon you were autopooled too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being auto pooled is a good thing! If it was bad, it wouldn't exist.
Original post by mollyg95
Trinity! no not yet:frown:( given up hope! you?

St Edmunds! Oh well its never over till it's over:smile: Heads up!:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending