The Student Room Group

Payment of Loan and Grant with New Year Bank Holiday

Hello peoples and happy new year!

The past 2 years my loans and grants have early (going in the Saturday instead of the Monday) apart from the very first one of year one which was on the Monday.

My latest one was submitted the night of Sunday 29th Dec or the early hours of Monday 30th Dec.

I was wondering if the bank holiday would make it arrive on Monday 6th Jan or Saturday 4th Jan as it has been for the past 2 and a half years?
Original post by thattwitterguy
Hello peoples and happy new year!

The past 2 years my loans and grants have early (going in the Saturday instead of the Monday) apart from the very first one of year one which was on the Monday.

My latest one was submitted the night of Sunday 29th Dec or the early hours of Monday 30th Dec.

I was wondering if the bank holiday would make it arrive on Monday 6th Jan or Saturday 4th Jan as it has been for the past 2 and a half years?

It would be the same.

You only get the money on a Saturday because your bank classes Saturday as a working day - not all banks do this. So others on your course who have their money submitted the same day as yours won't receive it till the Monday if they are with certain banks.
Reply 2
I have received mine this morning so I'm guessing you will have if yours normally goes in on the saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending