Durham Medical School & Medlink Support
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi looking at our Facebook pages music is a real link between people and a source of energy and support, music can make a difference. So what we would like you to do is post your suggestions for a Spotify playlist that will help you and others get that extra boost to make the coming year a winning one. Once we have enough suggestions we will put the list together and put it up on Spotify. So tell us the song/artist and why you chose it to give you that extra thrust to take you to medical school.
We will start with Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run! The music has energy and the words are delivered with passion, everything you need to succeed!
nourmahfel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably the song that inspire me the most is Imagine dragons radioactive as it is full of energy, therefore, it usually gives me the energy needed to study. When I am trying to concentrate I choose romantric and quite songs like Rascal Flatts songs. I choose rock for maths and statistics, whilst pop music or classical songs I choose for the theoretical part of biology and chemistry. Lana Del Rey songs help me to concentrate the most
The artists I like are Imagine Dragons, Pink, Katy Perry, Rascal Flatts, Eminem, Nickelback, Lana Del Rey, Emeli Sande
Davidiraptor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How about some Green Day? I've always loved how they put so much energy into their songs. Some favourites are American Idiot and Dirty Rotten B****rds. But for one's without swearing if that's what we're going for, try King for a Day.
Thanks again Med-Link
dutchgirl_
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Like a surgeon - 'Weird Al' Yankovic...
alicethecamel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anything by The Killers or Arctic Monkeys but I particularly like Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys and Mr Brightside by The Killers because I think these are feel good songs which are always nice to sing and dance along to and never fail to cheer me up if I'm feeling down.
Genny_Balmer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Italian pianist Ludovico Einaudi is a must-listen whenever I'm working. His emotive music not only focuses my mind, but also sub-consciously uplifts me and makes me almost work in time with the music. I know others find his work useful, as a friend of mine used his album Islands to write her dissertation to! All of his songs are beautiful, but my personal favourite is White Night.
dobbynalex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The​ song that inspires me and gives me the energy to push myself is Radioactive, Imagine Dragons. I love music with energy and emotion, and I listen to music whenever i can. This summer holiday I spent a month trekking across Madagascar (as well as refurbishing a whole school) with a team of ten. The conditions were extremely tough and we had no comforts, no contact with home, and we had no music. When we boarded our flight to leave Madagascar I explored the seat back entertainment and clicked 'radio' and 'radioactive' began to play. After so long without music I have never felt a more powerful song, it honestly felt like a fire inside me. The plane took off during the song and as the wheels left the ground the month in the most beautiful country on earth was over. Hearing this song makes my think of the challenge our team went through as well as the perseverance of the amazing people we met, whom, despite the utter poverty they lived in, strived for a good life. That is what inspires me.
Rep:
?
Fantastic guys, please keep it coming and check out the suggestions on the Medlink Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Medli...3877906?ref=hl
Rep:
?
(Original post by dobbynalex)
The​ song that inspires me and gives me the energy to push myself is Radioactive, Imagine Dragons. I love music with energy and emotion, and I listen to music whenever i can. This summer holiday I spent a month trekking across Madagascar (as well as refurbishing a whole school) with a team of ten. The conditions were extremely tough and we had no comforts, no contact with home, and we had no music. When we boarded our flight to leave Madagascar I explored the seat back entertainment and clicked 'radio' and 'radioactive' began to play. After so long without music I have never felt a more powerful song, it honestly felt like a fire inside me. The plane took off during the song and as the wheels left the ground the month in the most beautiful country on earth was over. Hearing this song makes my think of the challenge our team went through as well as the perseverance of the amazing people we met, whom, despite the utter poverty they lived in, strived for a good life. That is what inspires me.
What an amazing back-story, promise the Medlink Team will never listen to that song the same way again
Praise.S
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was Here by Beyonce! This song is soo inspirational to me.It's such a powerful and passionate song.It truly inspires me to give it my all and do the best I can do even in the toughest of times .Most importantly I want to leave a mark to prove that i made a difference and lived.I believe with Dedication,Passion,Determination and Zeal I can overcome!
Woodee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like Heroes by David Bowie, not only because it's in 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' which is an amazing film (and book), but because it's sung with so much emotion and power!
Abbyf111
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Young volcanoes-fall out boy- makes me think of us medlinkers having already won because we were part of the amazing course
08balsde
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Keep Your Head Up by Ben Howard is such an inspirational, powerful and relatable song for me!
niki981
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
on my way by Charlie Brown always inspires me to work hard. It makes me believe in myself and helps me power through studying, even when I would rather be doing anything else.
scotta7x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Either Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold or You Only Live Once by Suicide Silence.
They aren't songs many people will enjoy but those who do will understand the lyrics behind them are very motivational, and I think they speak for themselves; it's all about conquering the day and making it yours. Make the most of the time we have, because we don't have long until we all apply for Medical School and so, do the best and take opportunities, as this is a once in a lifetime experience!
KeenanAndrew96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Step Out - Jose Gonzalez
hannahquigley97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do love my music! I have a whole list of songs that would be great! Firstly I think you MUST put REACH by the infamous S CLUB 7 on the list! It is such a feel good song and it brings back so many happy memories from my childhood!

Next, another song to consider is definitely anything by LAWSON. These guys are great musicians and their music has a great feel good vibe. Anything by these guys is great, and as this band helped me through a really difficult time, it would be great to hear them on the playlist! (I can always work well to them) If you are looking for particular songs I suggest Standing In The Dark, Juliet, and Parachute.

Another artist to seriously consider is Mike Dignam. Not many people have heard of him, or listened to his music, but they definitely should! The songs are laid back and relaxing and have really meaningful lyrics. His songs Great Escape and Lungs show that well. Other songs I recommend from Mike are Changed Man and Run. Having helped Mike to make a name for himself and help spread his music, from people's reactions I know they are pleasantly surprised when the hear the songs!

I think that's enough suggestions from me, quite a lot there. Hope they're okay!

(PS One Direction are great too....lets get Story Of My Life, Moments, What Makes You Beautiful, and Kiss You in there as well maybe?)
VK96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not your average song but still great and there are more in the series:
Hawwaa Patel
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Demi lovato - skyscraper
I choose this song as it makes you feel like you can do anything no matter what anyone tells you.
It allows you to bring out your inner strength and confidence in reaching any goal you set yourself. In our case - Medical school.
Thank you so much Medlink for the most useful and inspirational experience.
geebee123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Right here right now by Fatboy Slim really raises your energy levels if you need some inspiration before starting work. The repeated 'right here right now' lyric also makes you believe that anything is possible at any moment (including getting into medical school next year!) If you're too energetic before starting work 'Behind the Bunhouse' by Mystery Jets is a really nice song to calm you down - it talks about the perils of love and longing for better things and makes you think about regrets like how you will regret it if you don't start working now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?