The Student Room Group

Medicine Music Medlink Spotify Playlist

Scroll to see replies

First off, just because it reminds me of Medlink and how Medlink made me really want to study medicine even more it has to be... "Reach for the Stars" by S Club 7.
Also, Jessie J "It's my Party" is a great upbeat song, and also "It's my Party"- well "It's my life and my exams" little link in there I think.
And who doesn't love Bruno Mars! I'm thinking not "Runaway Baby" because that is sending out the wrong message for a study playlist don't you think? So maybe not.
"Pompeii" by Bastille is a great song and helps me to study and if you listen to lyrics they are quite inspiring.
Thanks for making the playlist it is a great idea :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked is one of the most uplifting songs ever! its a song that can refer to any aspect of your life and will put you right on track to where you need to be! Also, Gustav Holt's the Planets: Jupiter is a fantastical classical piece. ALWAYS gets me in the right mood to revise!
Reply 22
One of my favourite songs ever is One For The Radio by McFly, but any songs by McFly make me happy :smile: Because they are pretty amazing!! Also, I think Imagine Dragons - Destination is so inspirational and it's just a great song!
I have 3 different songs that absolutely inspire me. I think "Strong" by London Grammar is so passionate but "Whoa" by Paramore is just full of energy. Although, one of my favourites is "The City" by The 1975. I think they're songs that just motivate you. These are songs that you can just listen to and not get tired of.
Reply 24
Eminem's songs keep me going, not so much the lyrics (yes i know they're a bit ott) but more the steady rhythm they are delivered with and his passion behind them :smile:
Reply 25
'Mean' by Taylor Swift
because it shows you how people can put you down, saying you can't achieve your dreams, but at the end of the day you WILL become a doctor and someday 'be living in a big old city'!

'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey or the Glee version
because we can't stop believing if we want to achieve our goals! :smile:
Original post by scotta7x
Either Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold or You Only Live Once by Suicide Silence.
They aren't songs many people will enjoy but those who do will understand the lyrics behind them are very motivational, and I think they speak for themselves; it's all about conquering the day and making it yours. Make the most of the time we have, because we don't have long until we all apply for Medical School and so, do the best and take opportunities, as this is a once in a lifetime experience!

Have to agree, Medical school application time is a few heartbeats away. So whilst listening to the music take a look at the free Medfaxx resource http://medfaxx-lite.medlink-uk.net/
The song that best encapsulates the spirit of medical school is Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer.

Reply 28
Completely agree that music is amazing for inspiration and motivation.. 'A Tricycle Journey' by Proceed is a really good song for this, love the band because they're a bit different - they're not a well-known band, not necessarily famous or rich, but they are a set of extremely talented people and use creative sounds and time signatures which come together in a really good overall sound, much like being a doctor as a career I think, in a way. Good motivational song, work well with it and other Proceed songs on.
I Won't Back Down - Johnny Cash

This song totally sums up the tenacity that one needs when trying to become a doctor. Not only that it shows the spirit that people can show when they are faced with illnesses or affected by them.

Fergus Bremner
Thanks for all the amazing input, the first playlist will be up and running early next week, links will be here. And of course we will update on a regular cycle
The Medlink Spotify playlist is up and running - yes Thanks for suggesting the tracks that insipid you to study and keep going, just a few edges to sort so will give you the link tomorrow!!!!
Hi guys thanks so much for sending in the songs that motivate and inspire you. We have collected them together and will continue to add to them in the FREE Medlink Spotify playlist.

We believe a Good Song can help you be happier, run faster, think clearer, and focus better.

We believe for every great moment, there is a song that goes with it, so jump to http://medlink-uk.net/connect/ and listen to what inspires people as they prep for Medical School. Please feel free to review the Medlink music offering and make suggestions of your own. This is the soundtrack of your life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending