Please help! Bleeding on cerelle/cerazette, is this normal? Watch

AW21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was taking cerelle at the start of last year for about 3 months when I had one period near the start of taking the pills. I then had a break up until September 2013. When I started again, everything was fine. No sight of a period until I started my fourth set of pills! It was a pretty normal period, nothing out of the ordinary (just pill sort of things like sore boobs and what not) which went on for about a week.

However, a week later and out of the blue it started again! I thought this was just going to be quickly over and done with like a break through bleed but 3rd day later and it's still going strong! In fact, every night it's seemed to fade as if it's slowing down and then as soon as I wake up in the morning it starts up heavy again!

Is this so called "irregular bleeding?" I haven't had any problems with cerelle really, in fact I seemed to be one of the lucky ones that didn't get a regular period.

I'm just really worried that they might not be working (silly, isn't it?) as when i came off cerelle I had a period every 2-3 weeks so they were pretty frequent. Do pills ALWAYS work?

I take them every day at the same time without fail!

The latest I have been in taking them would probably only be half an hour, and with these pills you have a 12 hour window!

Should I be concerned? It's ridiculous! I just have to get a mystery period at the time I really don't want one! GOING BACK TO UNI.

p.s I am 19 years old, don't smoke, pretty healthy etc etc.
My situation is very similar. I'm 17 and have been taking cerazette for very nearly 3 months. I was told i could experience sme spotting and that 'some unlucky women have much heavier spotting' by the nurse but that my period should effectively disappear. For the first two months i had a light (but still my normal duration) period every 2 weeks. That meant 4 within the two months which i found to be very strange. So when i arranged to go back to the nurse and get a renewal prescription i asked about it. She said that i should just wait till i have had the next three months worth (so will have been on it for 6 months) and it might regulate it might not because it is impossible to tell how each woman's body will react to the influx of and changing hormones meaning it might not change.
Soon after that i got my period again. But this time was different. i bled even lighter than before but i would be 'on' for 3-4 days then not bleed for one or two then be on again for 3-4. it is a nightmare as I cannot tell when i am bleeding since it is so light. Im not so sure what to do about it. Whether i give it to the six months and hope for the best or come off it and find another type of contraception to use. (i take it everyday at the exact same time and missed it only once, in the first month)
Ezmee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had been on develop for over 2 years and thought hey this is fab no a periods no problems at all but over the past month I have been bleeding for about four days then aweek without then start bleeding again and they are pretty heavy which I have never suffered with before doctor says carry on they will eventually stop but like everyone has stated no sign and then wow bleeding again
Lucy eaton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have been bleeding for two weeks nearly is it normal on cerelle
Unknown.111
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been on the pill for about 12 days is it normal to have a period ?
Ry94
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been on Cerelle for nearly 4years now and it's only recently that I have just come on my period which lasted for 2days and now am off my period just wondering if that's normal or not? I take them everyday without fail. So I don't see why am bleeding.
Roxanna10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm 37 and started taking cerelle on the first day of my period.. I bleed for 5 days then had no bleeding for 3 days then started spotting for 2 day then really heavy bleeding since 10 days now what should I do ?
Mardiarse
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was on Micronor for years then it was discontinued was happy with this and settled, so was prescribed noriday (terrible moods but period seemed regular) been on cerelle about 4 months now, into the 4 th month and been bleeding constantly for 3 weeks, like some else commented it starts really heavy on a morning some times like blood clots and drifts off as the evening goes on, back to quacks I think I'd rather be moody n regular than bleed constantly with a in happy relationship
Emma Barrand
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm on Cerelle Myself I often have Bleeding all The Doctors say this is Normal I always think the worst I should'nt My Smear test in 2015 came back clear then due for one 2018 bit nervous I know there is treatmeant if need be! Any other women been threw this? it stops and starts again the Pill makes you mad sometimes just life!!!!!!
Sugar76
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HiI have been using Cerelle for 3 years and my periods stopped after a couple of months. I have been fine taking it with no problems at all. I was grateful that the monthly bleed had stopped as I have always had a heavy flow. After 3 years I have had a period out of the blue for no apparent reason. I'm a bit worried about it.
angek27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i had a baby on the 7th of feb 18... i have only been taking this pill for a wk and a half and within a wk of taking it im pissing out with blood!!! im fed up as the women who gave thwm to me said NO PERIODS whilst taking this pill. HELP xx
jojomck1982
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I have been on Cerazette since September 2017 and from the word go I have had bleeding. It varies from day to day, sometimes heavy, sometimes light, it changes in colour also from red to brown/red discharge. In the morning it seems to be heavier and in the night it seems to go lighter and I find that when I move about it is heavier. My Doctor prescribed me tablets to stop the bleeding however it is only a 10 day course where you take 3 a day and then after the 10 day course, you begin bleeding again. I am constantly tired and find I do not have any energy. Before Cerazette, I was on the Depo Injection and it was exactly the same. The Doctor has now suggested to me that my only option now really is to go for the Mirena Coil which I am getting fitted on 18th of this month. Fingers crossed that this works because I am at the end of my tether with this bleeding. It is affecting my relationship with my partner and I am getting to the point where I feel that nothing is going to work other than coming off all contraceptive together
Anniemcc
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have been on this for 6 years! Must be lucky as no period as yet!
Anonymous #6
Report 10 months ago
I’ve been taking Cerazette for 2 month now, first month had my normal period and in the second month it’s a continual but much lighter bleed for over 4 weeks. Started taking it to try and lighten/stop them for summer holidays. Don’t know wether to stop taking it and hope it stops or try and cope while I’m away.
Ellie_2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have been on the cerelle pill for less two months now. In this time I have had four periods. I am on my period now and have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend three times in one night. Could I still get pregnant and should I see a GP about the bleeding?!
jajabinx2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have been on Cerelle for two months now and my periods come every 3/4 weeks and are much lighter now but up to a week after my period i get a second one for another week and i dont know whether to stop taking the pill or not. i started taking it to mainly reduce period pain and a bonus was as a contraceptive but now it is causing more pain!!! can anyone help?!
Anonymous1002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have been on cerelle for 6 months and I’m now experience spotting, it’s been happening for a week now. I started lightly bleeding during intercourse and it’s been off and on since then. Please give advice??
Tilda12345678
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have been on Cerelle for 3 years the first month I was on it I had spotting. After the first month was over I didn’t have another period. Until two weeks ago when a really heavy one started and it’s been two weeks and it won’t stop !!!
I’m 18, don’t smoke, healthy and in a relationship
I was put on the pill at 15 to stop my periods due to how painful they were.
I’m really worried ....... as have read online that a heavy period for two weeks is not normal ....
Pls help
Cheekydimples666
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have had a constant period for 4 weeks now This is my third month of taking the pill. Anyone else had this problem.
Anonymous #7
Report 4 months ago
I started it last October 2018 and to this day jan 2019 Iv bled every single day it’s not heavy it’s light and I hate it and Iv gained weight too it’s horrible I feel horrible everyday some people are lucky and some aren’t it seems.
Tez09
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Am on cerelle and have been bleeding for 3 weeks now but I start taking it last year and had no bleed but now I am bleed all the time it slows down on a night but when I wake up am bleeding again and don't no if it is the pill
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did you find the exam?

Excellent (2)
25%
Great (2)
25%
Resonable (3)
37.5%
Rubbish!!! (1)
12.5%

Watched Threads