GCSE Maths Edexcel November 2013 Linear 1MA0

Watch
LolaMac
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello guys,
When do you think the grade boundary will be released for the exam?
What did you guys think of the exam? What are the possible grade boundaries that you think they'll set?

Thanks
ChocoholicCox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LolaMac)
Hello guys,
When do you think the grade boundary will be released for the exam?
What did you guys think of the exam? What are the possible grade boundaries that you think they'll set?

Thanks
In January 9th since thats when results are realeased but will possibly be released 2 days before.
Sorry didn't do exam I just remember exam realease dates for some odd reason :P
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought the non calculator was hard but the calculator was ok :L
CharlotteMcD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Results day is the 9th
I saw another thread which said 3 days from today they will be released - haven't seen it anyway online though.
I expect extremely high grade boundaries due to all the schools I've heard of only putting top-set in:/
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I really hope they're not because last year I got 2 marks off an A however this year I think Ive got around 65-75 on each paper
physicalgraffiti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd say for an A* it'll be about 170/200 It may look like a lot of those entered were top-set but there are also a considerable amount of schools which entered all pupils. Also, they need to set grade boundaries fairly and hopefully they'll take into account that most students in this sitting were ones who wished to retake to get A*s, so they might want to increase our chances by keeping reasonable grade boundaries (fingers crossed). I highly doubt that they will be too high, the previous A* boundary was 165/200 and the one in March was 164/200 and the one in November 2012 was 157/200 etc. The highest they've ever been in the past 6 or 7 years was 176/200 and that was when the exams were realllyyyy easy. So yeah, I wouldn't worry too much
CharlotteMcD
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by physicalgraffiti)
I'd say for an A* it'll be about 170/200 It may look like a lot of those entered were top-set but there are also a considerable amount of schools which entered all pupils. Also, they need to set grade boundaries fairly and hopefully they'll take into account that most students in this sitting were ones who wished to retake to get A*s, so they might want to increase our chances by keeping reasonable grade boundaries (fingers crossed). I highly doubt that they will be too high, the previous A* boundary was 165/200 and the one in March was 164/200 and the one in November 2012 was 157/200 etc. The highest they've ever been in the past 6 or 7 years was 176/200 and that was when the exams were realllyyyy easy. So yeah, I wouldn't worry too much

OO I just thought! Those who would get lower than a C/D would be entered in Foundation tier anyway - so it might not make too much of a difference on the Higher paper grade boundaries
fruity45
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hopefully foundation tier c will be low x
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what website will they be on?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The edexcel web site.....

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...oundaries.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
they are not out yet
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They are now......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I still cant find them!?
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe refresh the page after you click on the link! You may be looking at a cached copy of the page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nataseu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fruity45)
hopefully foundation tier c will be low x
Grade boundary for foundation tier C grade is 151 😒 it's gone up again! Was 143 for June 2013. So it's thanks to all those schools that entered students early that the grade boundary has gone up again without a thought for those students who were having to resit to eventually get the illusive C! Keeping everything crossed for Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marcusroye98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
the mark to get an A has gone up by 8 marks
sals1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
does anyone have a link to the november 2013 maths A linear (paper 1 or 2) edexcel GCSE higher tier paper? thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.62%
Less motivated (147)
75.38%

Watched Threads