The Student Room Group

Have people ever thought you were MARRIED to your mum/dad?

Scroll to see replies

Aha that's insane! Although I was IDd for a Doctor Who dvd when I was 19, it had a 12 rating.. :s-smilie:
Reply 21
never actually.
what's weird is that people mistake my aunt and her daughter as sisters, and not only that, but that her daughter is the older sister. my aunt is 40 something but looks really really young like early twenties.
Reply 22
Once. My dad was in hospital and the doctor assumed I was his wife. There are 30 years between us (and we both look our ages).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
:lol: No. It happens to my friends a lot.

The only similar thing I get to this is when I'm with my nephew and people think he's my son. I'm not one to get embarrassed easily, but those moments are beyond awkward! :eek2:

Dear God, that gif of Moriarty makes my heart melt. :colondollar:

OP... No. Never happened. :biggrin: I'm surprised at how many people this has happened to!
I'm 15 and still occasionally hold my dad's hand. People look at him as if he was a sugar daddy. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Not me but since my parents look really young for their age,(dad is 41 and mom is 38 but both look like they are in their late 20s) people have assumed that my dad might be my boyfriend/brother/cousin and mom my sister.
Freaky when they say,"OHGod, haven't you grown up so much!".
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Dear God, that gif of Moriarty makes my heart melt. :colondollar:

OP... No. Never happened. :biggrin: I'm surprised at how many people this has happened to!

I feel the same about this!

:love:
Original post by Vixen47
I feel the same about this!

:love:

Oh God, he's just too perfect. Makes me melt everytime I see his adorable face. :love:
Reply 28
My friends dad went to an antenatal appointment with her and the midwife thought he was her partner (she was 21 at the time, he was in his 50s). Ive had people think my brother is my boyfriend a few times to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
hahahahahaha...what a joke!!!
Original post by Vixen47
:lol: No. It happens to my friends a lot.

The only similar thing I get to this is when I'm with my nephew and people think he's my son. I'm not one to get embarrassed easily, but those moments are beyond awkward! :eek2:

I get that with my brother. And some kids thought that my 12 year old brother is my boyfriend...
People think my mum is my sister and she gets so happy :rolleyes:
Well if I ever walk around with my little sister people think I'm her mum.

People also used to think that me and my brother (who's about the same age as me) were a couple.
I took my sister to the park once (she must have been around 4 or 5, I think I was 16), and this woman thought she was my daughter.
Reply 34
Urgh yes. I'm 20 tomorrow and my dad's 50 and I've been mistaken for his wife before.

Awkward to say the least.
Yes I was renewing a membership at a local club and they searched for my name to update my fob to work.. And woman said "is Alan your husband then?" I was like "You what? I'm his daughter"

So glad I'm not the only person this sort of thing has happened to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending