Asia & Australia ?

Watch
Charliec11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

Im starting my travels middle of February to Asia, I've booked a one way ticket to Thailand Bangkok not knowing where to go from there (any advise)

after asia im not a 100% sure to go to Australia or not as I've heard mix opinions on how easy it's to get work and it's not so cheap

would be great for some feedback

thanks

charlie
harvie_316
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just been to Thailand for a year and now im in OZ, whats your budget? what type of visa do you have for Oz, yes its expensive, but good if you are going on a WHV, I am working there currently.

What do you want to do ? see? From Thailand you can go pretty much anywhere, got a blog in my link with helpful info if you want to check it out.
Charliec11
Rep:
?
Hi

Appreciate the reply
In total for Asia I've got around £4000, I haven't got a time schedule so I'm pretty open to seeing a lot of the islands ect, my plan was to start in Bangkok and get a ferry to ko Tao and pretty much take it from there, where would you recommend ?

Haven't yet got a visa for oz as I'm not 100% on going yet, was it easy for yourself to get work over there as my brother is currently over in Sydney and said it not so easy and the accommodation is not cheap ect

Can you send us over the link as it not loading up

Thanks for your help

Charlie
harvie_316
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://afarangabroad.com/

4000gbp is more than enough, should last you 5-6 months, depending on your spending habbits. I cant comment for Syndey, but I got a contracted job within 6 days of landing for farm work.
EllaBella<3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charliec11)
Hi

Appreciate the reply
In total for Asia I've got around £4000, I haven't got a time schedule so I'm pretty open to seeing a lot of the islands ect, my plan was to start in Bangkok and get a ferry to ko Tao and pretty much take it from there, where would you recommend ?

Haven't yet got a visa for oz as I'm not 100% on going yet, was it easy for yourself to get work over there as my brother is currently over in Sydney and said it not so easy and the accommodation is not cheap ect

Can you send us over the link as it not loading up

Thanks for your help

Charlie
I went to Thailand for a little over 2 months last year. Genuinely struggled to leave! Make sure you get a tourist visa if you're planning on staying a while .. border runs are a *****! Koh Tao is amazinggg! I spent six weeks there diving .. I would totally recommend trying a dive if you havent before? Although an expensive habit I fell totally in love with it.

As for where else in Thailand, I cannot recommend Kanchanaburi enough. Such lovely people and such a lovely place
Charliec11
Rep:
?
Thanks for the website bro was laughing at some of the story's you wrote to....

Hi Ella

Thanks for the advise didn't even think about getting a visa for Thailand, what website do I go on to apply for one ? yeah would love to do diving some think I've never done before,

With getting hostels ect did you book them in advance or when you got there...

Charlie
EllaBella<3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charliec11)
Thanks for the website bro was laughing at some of the story's you wrote to....

Hi Ella

Thanks for the advise didn't even think about getting a visa for Thailand, what website do I go on to apply for one ? yeah would love to do diving some think I've never done before,

With getting hostels ect did you book them in advance or when you got there...

Charlie
Hey

Sorry, i'm not sure .. I didn't anticipate staying for as long as I did so I never checked it out :L I'd recommend having a look on the fco travel advice website; they're usually really good for formalities and safety advice, local customs etc. If not, i'm sure lonely planet will have the answer!

I booked my first couple of hostels in Bangkok, a lot to do with my mother's influence and my first trip haha! But as I went along I just turned up a lot of the time or booked the day before I was going there. They're so cheap and a lot of them are really lovely and good quality. I used hostelbookers; they provide lots of options and information.
Charliec11
Rep:
?
Just had a look to get a tourist visa I have to go to the Thai embassy in London
Mums are all the same ha
I had a look at the hostels they look really nice , I done the inter rail 2 years ago and ended up staying in some terrible places so they can't be any worse ha

Thanks for your help Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads