Cheapest way to travel to london?

Watch
A random human
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Any advice on a cheap way to travel to london.

Will be leaving around 9 - 10pm, going back home the next day, 12 - 1pm. On a week day too.

Im not a student (gap year).

No car.

From reading, to london, then return back the next day.
cant_think_of_name
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Where are travelling from? If it's from Watford, get the train. If it's from Glasgow, I have no idea.
Flexa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely by coach, usually like £30 from Manchester to London, if you're using the train, it can be anywhere from £60-200
Solivagant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Train.
username1050473
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The train should be cheaper than normal because it's only considered as 'peak time' if the train gets to London before 10am. Look at Megabus, they do some train deals. Also, look at the coach as it may be a little more uncomfortable but it will be a lot cheaper.
A random human
Rep:
?
Sorry I wasnt very specfic.

From reading to london lets say.
A random human
Rep:
?
Also travel cards seem to be cheaper than getting a regular ticket. If i left from reading or oxford or whatever with a travel card at around 10pm it would cost about £8.50 right?

And then get another travel card to go back to reading? Because I remember a long time ago I used a travel card to london from reading, and i was able to go on all trains there and back during the day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (557)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed