sites
tips
everything
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whilst I haven't gotten my A in AS yet (:crossedf:) these resources have helped me so far:

Tutor2u is an invaluable source for anything - revision notes, presentations, real life examples, etc.

EconomicsHelp similarly has fantastic articles.

Reading BBC News -> Business -> Economy everyday is probably a must at both AS and A2 - it helps put macro as well as some micro into context, and can provide relevant real world data to use.

Anyone else have any tips?
Luketreherne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Subscribe to Paj Holden's videos on YouTube he explains the main concepts in economics very well , they are no more than 5 minutes in duration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am I the only one who didn't revise for an A at AS . I don't advocate not revising but AS economics isn't really too difficult.. I guess maybe it's because I enjoyed the subject. Your revision book would have all you'd need to know to answer the questions. PajHolden's YouTube videos are pretty helpful.. I use them for A2 because the graphs can get tediously confusing. Tutor2u offer really good notes but practicing past papers is your ultimate best bet.
MR95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NikolaT)
Whilst I haven't gotten my A in AS yet (:crossedf:) these resources have helped me so far:

Tutor2u is an invaluable source for anything - revision notes, presentations, real life examples, etc.

EconomicsHelp similarly has fantastic articles.

Reading BBC News -> Business -> Economy everyday is probably a must at both AS and A2 - it helps put macro as well as some micro into context, and can provide relevant real world data to use.

Anyone else have any tips?
still in the current process want to get an A for economics to , i have been reading the newspaper alot example financial times is quite good ! and money week online is really good , also have a read of textbooks and also youtube any things your stuck on also have a look at khan academy which is really good and helps you on ways to figure things out.
chocolattelee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apart from reading the news and revising you can do this:

What exam board are you doing it on?

Im doing on OCR, I have attempted a lot of past papers which I kind of know what question and answers they want...
It is like 80% the same stuff every time but phrases with a different applications
Caz96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does anyone have any good revision books for aqa as economics.. I can't find any good ones!
WinstonO'Brien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do past papers and memorize mark schemes. For example, consumer surplus usually gets you a mark etc
chatty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Luketreherne)
Subscribe to Paj Holden's videos on YouTube he explains the main concepts in economics very well , they are no more than 5 minutes in duration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the info on Paj Holden videos. They are great.
Deltasierra27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
AS doesn't seem that hard, I'm doing it in my own time outside of school. Started about a month ago, just recently finished unit 2. However, major advantage is that one of the two writers for the AQA textbook and exam, is one of the teachers at our school One of the 'fun' multiple choice sites I'd recommend is zondle.com, aimed at kids but if you search 'Economics' you'll find a lot of AS / A2 stuff.
Caz96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you, that's a lot of help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
guglemugle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deltasierra27)
AS doesn't seem that hard, I'm doing it in my own time outside of school. Started about a month ago, just recently finished unit 2. However, major advantage is that one of the two writers for the AQA textbook and exam, is one of the teachers at our school One of the 'fun' multiple choice sites I'd recommend is zondle.com, aimed at kids but if you search 'Economics' you'll find a lot of AS / A2 stuff.
Wow, that's pretty cool. Do you have any revision notes or anything like that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads