The Student Room Group

how long did it take you to have your first car crash?

how long after passing your test did it take to have your first crash. where were you driving to and how did it happen? was anyone else in the car?

Scroll to see replies

About 30 minutes into my first lesson :tongue: I went into a tree...
4 years. I hit a wall while turning in the service road of where I work. TBF if was like 6am.
Reply 3
that's a record. and since you passed?
Reply 4
I haven't ever, yet.
Reply 5
I haven't ever, though I have only been on the road since August 2013.
Hit nothing as of yet. On the road since August 2012 I sweat like a hooker in Church when i drive in places I have no idea where I'm going and I'm so aware of everything that I think it's impossible for me to crash :smile:

Hopefully
Couple weeks. It was pretty bad. Stopped me from driving for 5 years.
About 4 months.

Doing 50mph in a 30mph, range rover slowed down to turn down as small alley way, SMASH... thruogh a wall into a tree.

The tree actually probably saved me, it acted as slack, almost like a bungee jump being stretched and gradually slowing me down! Write off.

To be fair, even if I was doing 30 I'd still have hit him,
Reply 9
did that not put you off driving?
Reply 10
First crash : 19 days after getting my first car had my license for around 3 months then, some idiot in a Honda CRV hit it from behind and it went into the car in front. Stupid soggy idiot was talking on his phone when it happened, caused the car to have an electrical fault and set it on fire.

Second crash : 16 years after passing, a lorry had a wheel come loose and in trying to avoid it I hit that wheel, car flipped twice before the roof and bonnet smashed into the motorway barrier. Miraculously and a testament to how well built modern cars are I actually climbed out of the car just shaken up and with a few bruises from the airbags. Only had that Alfa Romeo GT for 4 months before that happened.
I had a minor accident 2 years after passing my test. I was in traffic coming up to a set of traffic lights and went into the car in front. The car in front only had a couple of scratches- so it got sorted outside of the insurance, as it wasnt worth going through the insurance to be fair. Then my dad got a new bumper for the front of my car off ebay.
Reply 12
Been driving 10 yeas now... never hit anything accidentally so far... :smile:
Reply 13
I don't intend to have a first accident.

Been driving for 2 years now.
Reply 14
Driving for. 3 years, no accidents at all.
This thread is scary :|
Reply 16
Been on the road for 5 years now. Only incident was when some idiot woman in a 5-series sitting in a no parking area reversed without looking and went into the front of the car I'd picked up literally 3 hours earlier. Only a cracked number plate so I don't know if that counts.
Original post by FXX
Been on the road for 5 years now. Only incident was when some idiot woman in a 5-series sitting in a no parking area reversed without looking and went into the front of the car I'd picked up literally 3 hours earlier. Only a cracked number plate so I don't know if that counts.

This happened to me although she cracked my wing mirror casing, she gave me her details however I let her off.
Reply 18
How can so many people be bad at driving? I passed my test in 2010. Haven't crashed, doubt I will unless another person hits me.
Been passed 3 years and never had an accident. I remember people on here saying i was dim and a bad driver because i got confused with lanes too. Yet ive not crashed yet

Quick Reply

Latest