Accomodation and course

Watch this thread
alexbfromsbg
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi! I'll be starting at York this September and need to decide on a college for student accomodation.
My course will be based over on the hes east part (film and television..), but as a dedicated sportsman I'll be spending lots of time at the sports center, so I don't know if it's worth it to apply for a room in Goodrick to have the convenience of being near my department.

Otherwise I'd go for James College 'cause it's fairly central lively and near the sports center.

Any tipps? would it be better to be over in Hes East or doesn't it really matter...
ontheseashores
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Hey! I've applied to York for Film and Television as well, haven't received an offer yet though - I have a pretty good idea of where I want to be!

I was going to go for James College as well because from what I've heard from the students is that the only lively places are in Hes East.
SilentSeraph
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
When I had an interview and tour of the campus, the guy said that James College was only a short walk from the sports centre (30 seconds I think?) so it might be worth considering. It'll be a bonus for me if I get in, because it's only a tiny bit away from the electronic engineering building!
Kimiechi
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The sports village (bigger and fancier than the sports centre) is next to Hes East. So by picking a college there you can have sports and your department in one place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physicsgeek280
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, Hes East has your department and the Sports Village (which is much bigger, although more expensive, than the Sports centre on Hes West) however, the walk between the campus isn't long and the bus is free!
katharinakri
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm going to study Psychology, and I also want to live near somewhere that I can work out. Is James College the best option then or?? Glad for some help
SilentSeraph
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by katharinakri)
I'm going to study Psychology, and I also want to live near somewhere that I can work out. Is James College the best option then or?? Glad for some help
According to this map, yes it is!
http://www.iswcs2010.org/files/event...usMapLarge.jpg
alexbfromsbg
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hy guys thanks for all the replies!
Yes , I thought about the sports village (looks amazing!), but all the Uni sports teams will be based over at the sports center so there's no point in goint to both. I'll probably go for James as it's more central and lively and it will create a good social balance to the course over at hes east.

next question: does anyone know if students who already have an offer can apply for accomodation earlier ?
bloovanmeer
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alexbfromsbg)
Hy guys thanks for all the replies!
Yes , I thought about the sports village (looks amazing!), but all the Uni sports teams will be based over at the sports center so there's no point in goint to both. I'll probably go for James as it's more central and lively and it will create a good social balance to the course over at hes east.

next question: does anyone know if students who already have an offer can apply for accomodation earlier ?
it depends on when your offer turns unconditional. If your offer was unconditional in the first place, or you get your results earlier and confirmed by the university before August 6th, then you can apply on August 6th. Otherwise later in August.
-=|Jay|=-
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I've applied to be a college tutor as a post graduate student, so I'll be placed wherever I'm successful (if I'm successful).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads