The Student Room Group

profile evaluation for warwick msc economics

Hi guys, here is a brief of my certain circumstances: I intend to apply for an MSc Economics or alike (and Finance).

- 3rd year student in a tier 2 university (I am not sure about that, if anyone interested I will message the name)
- doing economics and finance: got 83% in 1st year (with a prize of the best performance in Economics that year) and 81% in second year. Must be top 5 or top 10 in my class (if not 1,2,3 I am not sure as I cannot ask for the information)
- being a international student, previously before coming to the UK, I got some national prizes (first, second and third) in Maths and being sponsored by my Government to study abroad.
- it would be much helpful if I get funded in my master degree.
- not having any GRE scores but I am sure I have a solid maths background
- not much relevant experience (most recent job is student ambassador for the current uni).
- good references I think as I ask from 2 referees where I did very well (microeconomics I got 92% and financial economics I got 94%).

Warwick is my first go. Followed by Nottingham and Bath (both for MSc Economics and Finance).

My main question is: should I be competitive to get any funds from three above universities (I would go to whichever university gives me a fund). I am still doing the preparation and just want to see any evaluation from other experienced people.

Many thanks for your reading and help very much.
Reply 1
Funding is extremely rare, even for UK/EU students.

I suggest you try searching on their websites to find out if there are any. It also depends on your nationality. Indian or African applicants seem to have higher chances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending