Physiotherapy going on to Dentistry.. is it possible?? Watch

M. Tailor
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

I would love to become a dentist but due to certain things I am unable to apply for the course at the moment. I have chosen to study physiotherapy at university, and await responses back. Although, I have applied for physiotherapy I am still keen on dentistry and was wondering whether there were any other ways or paths that I can take in order to get into dentistry...

Is there a way that I can carry out a physiotherapy degree and then do a conversion onto dentistry?

Would be very appreciative for any responses and help.

Thank you
Kaumal123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could apply to graduate entry dentistry. After your degree in Physiotherapy you would have to apply to the 4 dental schools in the UK who offer graduate entry dentistry. And if successful at interview you would usually be offered a place into the second year of the BDS programme. You can't really "transfer" into dentistry, you have to complete your degree and then apply as a post graduate. However competition for places for post grad are fierce.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
M. Tailor
Thank you!

I am unaware of the BDS programme, could you give me a little insight please. When applying for the BDS, would universities still look at my GCSE and A- Level grades or would they just look at the type of degree that I came out with after studying Physiotherapy? I ask this, as I didn't study biology or Chemistry, in replacement, I studied BTEC applied science, in which most of the A- Level content for both Chemistry and Biology was covered, alongside Physics.

Kaumal123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you don't have A level sciences and just BTEC then I suggest applying to a foundation dentistry programme instead as most universities require Biology and Chemistry at A level.

A great website is the UCAS course search. Google it, and search dentistry. All the universities (there isn't many) which do dentistry will come up and it will show you their entry requirements. On there it will tell you the qualifications they accept and if they offer foundation programmes. What I would do if I was you is this. Call up the 4 universities who offer the graduate entry dentistry course, they are:

Liverpool
UCLAN Preston
Kings College London
Aberdeen
Manchester (I think)

And ask then about your BTECS. They will give you accurate advice and a lot more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
M. Tailor
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads

Latest