The Student Room Group

How can I make her miss me?

My best friend has practically cut me out of her life even though I'm going through a very hard time. And I want her back. I have tried the live life, have fun and happiness is the best revenge approach and this doesn't seem to have worked. She has made very little effort to contact me and this really hurts. I want to make her see that what she has done has really upset me. What should I do?
Why don't you contact her? :confused:
Reply 2
You can't make someone miss you. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by PythianLegume
Why don't you contact her? :confused:

I have tried. But her responses are cold and hurtful. I am trying to make her see how much she means to me. I sent her an old picture of us. But she just doesn't care. She has moved on with her life, has a new job and circle of friends and doesn't feel attached to me the way I do to her. I feel so down as I am going through a really hard time and she doesn't have a clue. And I don't want her to either. I just want her to feel the pain I am feeling too and realise what she has lost.
Reply 4
Get rich. She'll definitely miss you then.
Reply 5
Similar thing has happened to me... Face to face contact, explain truthfully how you're feeling and if she's still cold then you're better off without her. You can talk to me on here if you need. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
My best friend has practically cut me out of her life even though I'm going through a very hard time. And I want her back. I have tried the live life, have fun and happiness is the best revenge approach and this doesn't seem to have worked. She has made very little effort to contact me and this really hurts. I want to make her see that what she has done has really upset me. What should I do?

I've recently stopped talking to my best friend and found it quite easy because she did me wrong... Have you done anything she may have taken offence to? And TBH just because you're going through a hard time doesn't mean she should care. people choose to be friends and act accordingly when they like and respect the other person, she obviously doesn't feel that way towards you.
If she treats you in this way, then why are you still so eager for her? Isn't it blindingly obvious that you deserve better? She's not the great friend that you think she is, and not one you certainly need.

Stop letting your fondness of the past cloud your judgement and learn to move on.
Reply 8
was she helpful during the friendship? As in was she there to support you? If so, did you show her how much it meant during the friendship?
I'm only asking because I had a friend who was going through a rough time and I was there to support her and didn't mind if she lashed out at me when I was trying to be helpful, but after a few years of no gratitude I left. It can be very draining.
Original post by thatrollingstone
If she treats you in this way, then why are you still so eager for her? Isn't it blindingly obvious that you deserve better? She's not the great friend that you think she is, and not one you certainly need.

Stop letting your fondness of the past cloud your judgement and learn to move on.

This is one sided, I've stopped talking to my old friend simply because she took me for granted, who is to say the original OP is innocent in this scenario?
Reply 10

Confront her face to face. If she still doesn't seem to care then walk away. Just walk away. It'll hurt more if you try to get someone to be who they were when they don't want to.

If you want you can pm me, I'm more than willing to listen and talk :smile:
This is one sided, I've stopped talking to my old friend simply because she took me for granted, who is to say the original OP is innocent in this scenario?

This makes it pretty obvious the OP is more likely the innocent:

I am just going by what I read, I don't have mind-reading capabilities. (though that is somewhat arguable)
Reply 12
I have tried. But her responses are cold and hurtful. I am trying to make her see how much she means to me. I sent her an old picture of us. But she just doesn't care. She has moved on with her life, has a new job and circle of friends and doesn't feel attached to me the way I do to her. I feel so down as I am going through a really hard time and she doesn't have a clue. And I don't want her to either. I just want her to feel the pain I am feeling too and realise what she has lost.

I remember you, you posted a couple weeks ago about your friend who'd gone to Uni and basically sent you a text when you tried to get in contact saying how embarassing it was that you uploaded an old photo of you and her together and to essentially **** off as she's moved on and become part of the uni crowd.

My advice is as it was then. Move on, this girl is a weak-minded fool. She's already worse off then you as she's become insanely shallow. She isn't future-proofing her life. When she returns from University for Summer or when Uni finishes she'll have lost you.

Just consider that, move on with your life. Show that you don't care and she is much more likely to regret losing you as a friend.

Getting revenge or trying to make her feel bad will just make you feel worse,

Be the better person.
Reply 13
Let it go, its likely one day she will realize that you were a good friend (if that was the case) and come crawling back. But until then you just have to move on. There is no point caring for someone who couldn't give a s***. I found this out the hard way!
Reply 14
OP are you a guy or a girl?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending