Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I was trying to revise by looking at some past papers and for one of the questions discussing how the human activities affect the amount and speed of water flowing in a river channel, it didn't give me a clear answer. The answer purely said "L3 concentrate on the channel with emphasis on amounts (Q) and velocity (V). [8–10]" So what I don't understand is when it says the amounts does it mean that I should be able to name a river and say however many mm of water or does it purely mean I can say that the amount of water has increased or decreased?
    I've found this to be a real problem for me when I've been trying to revise because I never fully understand if it's something that I need to know or whether it's not asking for me about what I'm thinking about.

Thanks for any replies
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Zaros)
    So, I was trying to revise by looking at some past papers and for one of the questions discussing how the human activities affect the amount and speed of water flowing in a river channel, it didn't give me a clear answer. The answer purely said "L3 concentrate on the channel with emphasis on amounts (Q) and velocity (V). [8–10]" So what I don't understand is when it says the amounts does it mean that I should be able to name a river and say however many mm of water or does it purely mean I can say that the amount of water has increased or decreased?
    I've found this to be a real problem for me when I've been trying to revise because I never fully understand if it's something that I need to know or whether it's not asking for me about what I'm thinking about.

Thanks for any replies
    I would guess that it means that you need to say the volume and speed of water in the river and how much it has increased / decreased. I'm doing AQA A level geography and the case study questions are normally quite obvious - " name a river you have studied and then talk about (blank) related to it." so I guess you don't need to talk about a specific river unless they've named one in the question. But I agree the mark schemes can be a bit confusing sometimes - just wish they'd put down points you need to get marks sometimes instead of the complicated level marked gobbledegook.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.