Royal Blue
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I am in year 12 and I am doing Edexcel salters Biology. I am really struggling to understand things and revise effectively , can someone please give me useful advice on how can revise and learn biology in this board effectively to see amazing results? Also, eventhough it is Salters Biology the normal edexcel biology spec covers exact same thing, apart from salters covering the spec with a context, can I still use revision guides from the edexcel normal biology. This is because I am struggling to learn from the school text book.
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Royal Blue)
Hi I am in year 12 and I am doing Edexcel salters Biology. I am really struggling to understand things and revise effectively , can someone please give me useful advice on how can revise and learn biology in this board effectively to see amazing results? Also, eventhough it is Salters Biology the normal edexcel biology spec covers exact same thing, apart from salters covering the spec with a context, can I still use revision guides from the edexcel normal biology. This is because I am struggling to learn from the school text book.
The best thing is probably to watch a lot of videos, like those at youtube, dnatube or khanacademy.org . You learn a lot from them. Also once you have understood everything, make your own notes, or get a good revision guide.
Hospes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes you could use the revision guide. I'm doing just Edexcel Biology but my revision guide appears to have been written for both specs.

I would advise you to go through the Examiner's Reports in depth. It's definitely worth it for Bio
fung0001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What revision guide you recommend? Thks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads