Transformation blog for wonderwoman! :)

Watch
wonderwoman_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all!

I'm currently 12 stone 4 and 5 ft 7, which is not the heaviest I've ever been but I'm still overweight.

This is largely due to comfort/stress eating and not making time to exercise regularly. I am on a very demanding course at the moment and therefore I need to manage my stress levels more effectively and make time to eat healthily/exercise. I've piled on the pounds over the last few months, and it's time to sort it out!

I'll be posting my diet and exercise every day (hopefully) or at least every few days to make sure I stay on track.. hopefully I will see a difference by the end of this contest.

Good luck everyone!
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's brilliant! The FAQ in our fitness question has lots of great information for people looking to lose weight, so be sure to give that a read!

How are you planning on changing things in order to lose weight? Best of luck!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Best of luck! I hope you succeed !
wonderwoman_
Rep:
?
Started properly today!

Went to the gym this morning and mainly used the open stride machine - surprised myself by burning 400 calories on it. (I know it probably isn't that accurate but I made sure I entered my stats, so it'll do! ). Also did some rowing and a short run on the treadmill. I need to get into a proper habit of going to the gym, although it is much harder when I'm at home all day anyway (means I have to drag myself out of the house!) so hopefully when I start uni/placement again, it'll be much easier to fit it in.

Food

Breakfast: Mini chocolate Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Mid-morning snack: Special K blueberry biscuit moments (these are lovely!)
Lunch: Mixed salad leaves, grated carrot, diced cucumber, two slices of roast ham and a little garlic and herb Nando's sauce (I'm addicted)
Afternoon snack: Kiwi, satsuma, and 2 chocolate biscuits with my cup of tea.
Tea: Jacket potato with reduced fat cheese, a portion of baked beans, mixed salad leaves, grated carrot and diced cucumber
Night snack: to be decided :rolleyes:

Also drank a lot of water and squash.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by wonderwoman_)
Started properly today!

Went to the gym this morning and mainly used the open stride machine - surprised myself by burning 400 calories on it. (I know it probably isn't that accurate but I made sure I entered my stats, so it'll do! ). Also did some rowing and a short run on the treadmill. I need to get into a proper habit of going to the gym, although it is much harder when I'm at home all day anyway (means I have to drag myself out of the house!) so hopefully when I start uni/placement again, it'll be much easier to fit it in.

Food

Breakfast: Mini chocolate Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Mid-morning snack: Special K blueberry biscuit moments (these are lovely!)
Lunch: Mixed salad leaves, grated carrot, diced cucumber, two slices of roast ham and a little garlic and herb Nando's sauce (I'm addicted)
Afternoon snack: Kiwi, satsuma, and 2 chocolate biscuits with my cup of tea.
Tea: Jacket potato with reduced fat cheese, a portion of baked beans, mixed salad leaves, grated carrot and diced cucumber
Night snack: to be decided :rolleyes:

Also drank a lot of water and squash.
I don't want to rain on your parade, but the machine is likely incredibly inaccurate. I'd expect you to be on that thing for hours to burn that amount.
I actually find using the gym as an excuse to get out of the house really helps me on days I'm not out...I get really bored and frustrated being cooped up too long with nothing to do. Find something that you enjoy in the gym - will help you be more motivated to get out and actually make going to the gym a habit. Well done for actually getting there, though. You're already doing better than everyone who decided to stay at home on the couch!

Used to love those mini chocolate weetabix. :coma:
wonderwoman_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I don't want to rain on your parade, but the machine is likely incredibly inaccurate. I'd expect you to be on that thing for hours to burn that amount.
I actually find using the gym as an excuse to get out of the house really helps me on days I'm not out...I get really bored and frustrated being cooped up too long with nothing to do. Find something that you enjoy in the gym - will help you be more motivated to get out and actually make going to the gym a habit. Well done for actually getting there, though. You're already doing better than everyone who decided to stay at home on the couch!

Used to love those mini chocolate weetabix. :coma:

I don't put too much stock into the calories burnt on machines, it's just motivating to see that on the display (even if it isn't accurate!). Anyway I feel very achy this morning so I know that at least I worked hard

I've only just started having them for breakfast again recently - a few months ago I'd go through so many boxes of them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads