Jess1827
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

For years I have wanted to go to university to study Marine Biology, but now that I am in my second year of college and have received offers or interviews through UCAS I am now stressing about it, I am sure everyone is similar to this but is university the right choice?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are you stressing about? What are your career and life goals? What are the alternatives to university in order to achieve those goals?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is no such thing as a 'right choice' or a 'wrong choice' in life. It all depends on circumstances.

So, work out what you hope to get from uni (career, enjoyment, social life, education, interest etc. etc.), if uni is the only way of achieving that, and if not if uni is the best way of achieving that.

But so little context, it's very hard to give a full answer to your question. You should, however, be reassured that most people feel stressed about UCAS and going away to uni. It's normal!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lots of people go through the 'have I made the right decision?' moments - just wait until September, TSR will be littered with messages from people going through all sorts of cold feet panics about going to Uni. It's VERY normal.
PC2852
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No it's the left choice, the right wants us all to get vocational qualifications.
Ruffiio
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you want to continue or start learning something which you love and/or you need it for a job then yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (69)
28.28%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
37.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.3%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.69%

Watched Threads