The Student Room Group

question about saas

Hi guys I'm new here.
I just have a quesion about saas. Do I have to pay everything back?
And being a non UK, EU student I know that is not eligible a loan for accomondation, but can I have an economic help from the Uni due to the fact that my household income is low (about 19000 euro) ?
How can I ask Uni for a salary and how much will amount it?
Reply 1
Original post by krisko31
Hi guys I'm new here.
I just have a quesion about saas. Do I have to pay everything back?
And being a non UK, EU student I know that is not eligible a loan for accomondation, but can I have an economic help from the Uni due to the fact that my household income is low (about 19000 euro) ?
How can I ask Uni for a salary and how much will amount it?

Firstly no you don't need to pay anything back to SAAS as you won't be taking out a loan with them. They pay the fees for you. As for receiving any economic help information is available on university websites and varies by university, some universities are able to be more generous than others, and an award is unlikely to cover full costs. If it doesn't say on the website that they offer help to EU students then I'm afraid that means they don't offer anything. For example:
Edinburgh's bursaries are only available to UK students.

St Andrews though says their means tested bursary system which provides help with accomodation is for all students but you need to already be living in halls to apply- if successful they will discount the accomodation bill by £1000
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
You might want to post this in the student finance forum. But in answer to your question it depends on the university your looking at. Some have more generous financial packages for EU students than others but don't expect the money to cover all costs.

ook I understand.. is it possible to move my thread to the appropriate section?
Reply 3
Original post by krisko31
ook I understand.. is it possible to move my thread to the appropriate section?

a mod can do it if they see this, afraid you or I cant.
Moved to student finance support :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks and sorry for my inexperience :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending