vidya123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
so here goes,
i watched the movie "the conjuring" a few months ago, in October,..that was my first and last horror movie.I dunno why, but since then, till now, i dint forget abt that movie.and also i dont want to recollect the scenes in that movie..i don't believe in ghosts and the movie has undergone a lot of creative developments by the director...even after knowing all these, why am i not able to forget abt that????..my fear goes off fr sometime, but then all of a sudden my mind reminds me about it.!!...pls tell me how i can take such stupid obsessions away from my mind...please...are there people like me who are wimps out there???..these thoughts simply drain the happiness outta me!!...i hate it..so please please do help.
nguyenj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi.

I watched The Conjuring too when it came out. The best way to forget something is to just let it go and focus on other things in your life. If you keep reminding yourself to forget it, then all you do is think about it because you're making yourself remember the thing that you were supposed to forget, if that makes sense?

Like you said, ghosts aren't real. And I can assure you that the only reason why horror movies are made is mainly for money, and the fact that directors/makers often want their audience to experience different kinds of things so it becomes an 'experience' itself. However these so called experiences and the feelings you felt when you watched it are temporary.

Say for example you watched someone die in a film, yes you are sad when it happened, but when the film ends, we just forget and carry on with our lives. Even though we can be reminded of that particular moment, it's sort of like a dull throb/feeling at the back of your mind when you make yourself remember.

So yeah, just carry on with life as normal and don't think of it as something you need to forget. Just focus on other things and if you are reminded of it, just think how it was a stupid film anyway.

Seriously.

It really was a stupid film. I can't believe I paid well-earned money to watch it. All it gave me was a headache because they put the volume on so loud. So when the loud noises came on to try and "scare" us, it made me jump because it was so loud that it hurt my ears, NOT for the fact that it was "scary."

It's a stupid film.
xxJazxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I find that sometimes you need to allow yourself to think about something even if it scares you. Maybe you can move past it by realising and fully accepting that it may have a negative effect on you but it cannot harm you in any way. Your thoughts only have as much power as you give them.

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful advice! The most important thing to remember is that it was a dumb film anyway and since you're definitely not a horror fan, maybe you'd enjoy the 'Scary Movie' film series that show how ridiculous horrors can be!
username985376
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ghosts are definitely real,
my dog barks whenever one walks in,
but don't worry, most are harmless and don't even know they're dead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (63)
4.62%
Uncertainty around my education (212)
15.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (151)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (192)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (59)
4.32%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (78)
5.71%
Loneliness (123)
9.01%
Financial worries (47)
3.44%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (63)
4.62%
Exposure to negative news/social media (63)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (72)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (118)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (124)
9.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed